HKBU 60th Commencement – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes
Arrangements of HKBU 60th Commencement – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes
The School has decided to postpone the Commencement sessions for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes originally scheduled for 23 November 2019 until further notice. As for the arrangement of collection of diploma, please refer to details listed below.
School of Continuing Education
Hong Kong Baptist University
Collection of Diploma
The collection of diplomas for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma graduands of 2019 will commence on 25 November 2019. Details are as follows:
- With the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases surging in the past few days and the threat posed by the virus further escalating, the University has decided to further step up the special health control measures on campus, in addition to the campus access arrangements being in place. As such, the opening hours of DLB Office have also been revised from 30 March 2020 until further notice. Please refer to the revised service hours as shown below.
- The University may review the health control measures from time to time and graduates are strongly encouraged to call the DLB service counter for latest arrangement before coming to the University.
- Graduates must clear all outstanding fees and/or loaned items with the University (e.g., tuition fees, library fines/books etc.) before collecting their diploma. Graduates with outstanding matters will NOT be allowed to collect the diploma.
- As an added security measure, students entering the Kowloon Tong Campuses will have to present their Student Cards at the card readers / frontline security staff for checking at the campus entrance checkpoints.
- Visitors without a valid Student Card will be requested to show their photo ID for manual registration at the campus entrance checkpoints before they are allowed to enter the campuses.
From 25 to 29 November 2019
|Collection Venue:||Room 404, 4/F, David C. Lam Building (DLB), HKBU Shaw Campus|
|Service Hours:||11:00 am to 7:00 pm|
From 30 November 2019 to 30 June 2020
Service Counter, School of Continuing Education Kowloon Tong Campus Centre, 4/F, DLB, HKBU Shaw Campus
9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Weekdays)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
(from 30 March 2020 until further notice)
*The above arrangements are made by the School of Continuing Education (SCE).
Please note that from 6 July 2020 onwards, diploma collection will be handled by the University’s Academic Registry (AR) at their service counter. Please refer to AR website: http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk/about_ar/addr_office_hours/ for exact location and service hours.
Please bring along your HKID Card for identity verification.
In case you are unable to collect the diploma in person, please authorise a representative to collect it on your behalf. The representative must present:
- his/her HKID Card / Passport;
- a copy of your HKID Card; and
- a completed “Authorization Form for the Collection of Diploma” (available at the AR’s homepage at http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk/file/129) OR a letter of authorisation (with your signature and student number) specifying the name of the person collecting the diploma. Letter that does not bear the name of the person collecting the diploma will not be accepted. Persons other than the one named in the authorisation letter will not be allowed to collect the diploma.