HKBU 60th Commencement – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes
Arrangements of HKBU 60th Commencement – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes
The School has decided to postpone the Commencement sessions for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes originally scheduled for 23 November 2019 until further notice. As for the arrangement of collection of diploma, please refer to details listed below.
School of Continuing Education
Hong Kong Baptist University
Collection of Diploma
- Graduates must clear all outstanding fees and/or loaned items with the University (e.g., tuition fees, library fines/books etc.) before collecting their diploma. Graduates with outstanding matters will NOT be allowed to collect the diploma.
- As an added security measure, students entering the Kowloon Tong Campuses will have to present their Student Cards at the card readers / frontline security staff for checking at the campus entrance checkpoints. Visitors without a valid Student Card will be requested to show their photo ID for manual registration at the campus entrance checkpoints before they are allowed to enter the campuses.
- The University has implemented special health control measures on campus in view of the spread of COVID-19, in addition to the campus access arrangements being in place. The University may review the health control measures from time to time and graduates are strongly encouraged to check the AR website: http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk for latest arrangement before coming to the University.
From 6 July 2020 onwards, collection of diplomas for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma graduands of 2019 will be handled by the University’s Academic Registry (AR) at their service counter. Please refer to AR website: http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk/about_ar/addr_office_hours/ for exact location and service hours.
Please bring along your HKID Card for identity verification.
In case you are unable to collect the diploma in person, please authorise a representative to collect it on your behalf. The representative must present:
- his/her HKID Card / Passport;
- a copy of your HKID Card; and
- a completed “Authorization Form for the Collection of Diploma” (available at the AR’s homepage at http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk/file/129) OR a letter of authorisation (with your signature and student number) specifying the name of the person collecting the diploma. Letter that does not bear the name of the person collecting the diploma will not be accepted. Persons other than the one named in the authorisation letter will not be allowed to collect the diploma.