University-School Support Programme
University-School Support Programme (USP) “Starting Strong from Early Years: Learning through Play”
大學 – 學校支援計劃「幼兒成長：從遊戲開始」
This project is to support the direction of learning through play in accordance with the new “Kindergarten Education Curriculum Guide” (2017), aiming to provide professional support to local kindergartens so as to enhance their play-based learning activities.
School-based Professional Support Section, Quality Assurance and School-based Support Division, Education Bureau
Early Childhood and Elementary Education Division, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU-SCE-ECEED)
The duration of the support service is 1 year and 7 months from August 2017 to February 2019. By providing on-site school-based support and organising professional development activities as modes of support, it provides support service to 10 participating local kindergartens and their teachers. It emphasises:
- to equip frontline pre-primary educators with play-based learning strategies
- to educate parents about the importance of play
- to promote to the public play-based learning
(content available in Chinese only)
- The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice. Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.
- The School reserves the right to arrange face-to-face, online or mixed mode teaching due to the changing situation of COVID-19.