The School offers discount on short courses / Certificate and Diploma programmes* to the following categories of applicants:
- Senior Citizen Card holders: 50% off
- HKBU Foundation members: 20% off
- HKBU full-time staff: 20% off
- HKBU alumni at Higher Diploma / Associate Degree level or above who are HKBU Hang Seng Credit Card holders: 20% off
- HKBU Hang Seng Credit Card holders: 20% off (Applicable to Short Courses for which only Certificate of Attendance will be issued)
- SCE Friends members : 20% off short courses (Not applicable to Certificate/Diploma Programme courses, Continuing Education Fund reimbursable courses or Specified courses)
*The discount may not be applicable to some programmes. Please check with the Programme Teams concerned.
For details of the eligibilities and application procedures, please refer to the “Application Form for Fee Reduction (Short Courses)” or “Application Form for Fee Reduction (Programme)”.
Continuing Education Fund
The enhancement measures of CEF have been implemented on 1 April 2019 –
- increasing the CEF subsidy ceiling from the current level of $10,000 to $20,000 per applicant;
- closed CEF accounts to be re-activated, so that the account holders can make use of the unused balance (if any) under the original subsidy of $10,000 as well as the additional subsidy of $10,000;
- regarding the co-payment ratios by learners (i.e. the percentage of course fee to be borne by learners), the ratio for the first $10,000 subsidy is 20% of the course fee and that for the second $10,000 subsidy is 40% of the course fee;
- relaxing the upper age limit for applicants from 65 to 70;
- expanding the scope of CEF courses to all eligible courses registered in Qualifications Register (QR);
- lifting the restrictions on the validity period or the number of claims for CEF accounts, namely, applicants may submit an unlimited number of reimbursement claims for a total subsidy up to $20,000 before reaching the upper age limit (i.e. before the date they reach the age of 71);
- an applicant may submit an application to open a CEF account together with an application for the first reimbursement claim after successful completion of the first CEF course, instead of the current requirements of submitting the application to open a CEF account before the commencement of the CEF course. Moreover, applicants are required to submit their reimbursement claims within one year upon the successful completion of a CEF course; and
- enhancing the quality assurance monitoring of CEF courses.
Applicants who are studying language courses are still additionally required to pass a specified benchmark test / examination at the specified (or higher) level.
Please call the CEF’s 24-hour manned enquiry number at 3142 2277 or visit its website at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef for details.
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
The ENLS is administered by the Student Finance Office (SFO) of the Government and the maximum financial assistance is equivalent to the total tuition fees payable to institutions in an academic year. Interested applicants may refer to www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo or call the SFO’s 24-hour enquiry line at 2802 2345 for details of eligibility and application procedures.
Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)
The FASP (means-tested) and NLSPS administered by Student Finance Office (SFO) under the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) provide grant and/or loan to eligible full-time students pursuing locally-accredited, self-financing post-secondary education programmes at the level of associate degree, higher diploma or degree. For details of the schemes, please visit the SFO website: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/index.htm. The applications for the schemes should be submitted online through “SFO E-link – My Applications”: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/elink/elink.htm.
- Admission Scholarships
- Exchange Scholarships
- Scholarships for Certificate/Diploma Programmes
- Scholarships for Diploma Yi Jin Programme
- Scholarships for Diploma of College Foundation Studies Programme
- Scholarships for Associate Degree Programme
- Scholarships for Higher Diploma Programmes
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Programmes
- Scholarships for Postgraduate Programmes