Certificate & Diploma Programmes
Certificate Course on Student Guidance and Discipline for Teachers of Secondary Schools
The School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU SCE) is commissioned by the Education Bureau (EDB) to organise this Course for teachers in secondary schools. The objectives of the Course are:
- to facilitate participating teachers’ personal growth through experiential activities
- to equip participating teachers with necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to integrate guidance and discipline work in the school system
- to help participating teachers understand and manage students’ behaviour
- to help participating teachers develop, implement and evaluate their school-based guidance and discipline work
The Course is structured according to the requirements as stipulated by the EDB. It comprises the following five modules with a total of 102 contact hours:
|Module Code||Module Title||Hours|
- The Course will be delivered in a face-to-face mode through various instructional methods include lecture, workshop, group presentation, discussion, case sharing, etc.
- In case of suspension of face-to-face classes due to any unexpected circumstances, the Course may be switched to an eLearning mode.
- Participants who have attended 80% or above of the scheduled class sessions of Modules 1 – 3 and Modules 4 – 5 respectively and obtained a pass grade (Grade D or above) in the required course assignments will be issued a certificate of completion.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours will only be revealed in the Teacher’s Personal Profile on the e-services Portal of the EDB upon participants’ successful completion of the Course.
|Tuition Fee:||The tuition fee is fully subsidised by the Government.|
|Course Period:||20 SEP 2023–12 JUL 2024|
|Class Schedule & Venue:||
# Some class sessions may be held on other weekdays and/or Saturdays, if necessary.
Orientation Day: All course participants are required to join an orientation session to be held at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm on 15 SEP 2023 (Fri) on the HKBU Kowloon Tong Campus. Successful applicants will be informed of the details of the event in due course.
Participants should be:
- A serving teacher in a secondary school; and
- Nominated by school heads
(A) Priority will be given to applicants in the following order (experience counted as at 31 AUG 2023):
- Those whose schools have no teacher or less than 10% of teachers having attended the same or relevant Certificate or Degree programme organised by tertiary institutions. Priority will be given to the schools with fewer number of the above trained teachers;
- A member of the student guidance and discipline team in his/her school in the 2023/24 school year;
- Those whose post ranking is higher;
- Those who have more years of experiences in the Guidance/Discipline Team; and
- Those who have more years of teaching experience.
(B) Applicants who had previously attended this course or related courses will not be considered.
- Application Deadline: 14 JUN 2023 (Wednesday)
- Application Procedures (via Online Application)
Applicants are required to complete all the following tasks on or before the deadline specified above:
- Please click here to download the School Head's Recommendation (Form A2). Applicants are required to scan and save the completed School Head's Recommendation (Form A2) in PDF format.
- Please click here to enter the HKBU SCE Online Application System and fill in the required information.
- Please click here for the Supplementary Form (Form A1) and fill in the required information. Applicants are also required to upload the completed School Head's Recommendation (Form A2) (PDF format) before submitting the completed Supplementary Form (Form A1) online.
- The HKBU SCE will acknowledge receipt of an application via the applicant’s personal e-mail address provided within 14 working days after the receipt of the whole set of application documents. If an applicant does not receive the acknowledgement after the above-specified period, please contact Ms. Wong of the Programme Administration Section (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: 3411 4310).
- Applicants will be notified of the application results via their personal e-mail address provided in the application on or before 14 JUL 2023 (Friday).
- Successful applicants are accepted for admission to the Course based on the recommendation of their current serving school heads. If an applicant is going to leave his/her current serving school in the 2023/24 school year, he/she must inform both HKBU SCE and EDB immediately.
The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice.
Programmes offered by the School of Continuing Education (leading to HKBU awards or SCE awards, or collaborative programmes) are conducted at various teaching venues, including Kowloon Tong and Shek Mun (Shatin) Campuses and Learning Centres in Tsimshatsui, Kowloon East, and Wan Chai. These venues are well-equipped to support students’ studies. While most of the classes are held at either the Kowloon Tong Campus or the Shek Mun Campus, depending on the School’s development, students may be assigned to take classes at other venues during their study period.