Master of Nursing (Clinical Leadership)
(I) Qualification & Recognition
01. Is the award conferred by the Western Sydney University?
Yes. The award is conferred by the Western Sydney University.
02. Does the programme require local registration under the Education Bureau?
In compliance with the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance, the programme is exempted from registration under the Ordinance. The registration or exemption from registration of a non-local programme is an assurance that the institution offering the programme is a recognized body in the home country, as conveyed by the Non-local Courses Registry of the Education Bureau. Further details regarding the Ordinance can be obtained via the Education Bureau website at www.edb.gov.hk
(II) Application & Admission
03. How should I submit my application? What supporting documents do I need to submit?
You can submit your application either by post or in-person to the Headquarters of School of Continuing Education, 2/F, Franki Centre, 320 Junction Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon.
You should submit the following documents with your application form
- An application fee of HK$200 (non-refundable) made payable to “Hong Kong Baptist University” by a crossed cheque;
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs;
- Photocopies of your HKID card, Certificate & Transcript of the Bachelor degree and Certificate/ Diploma of professional qualifications (if any).
04. What is Advanced Standing (Credit Exemption) and what support documents do I need to submit for my Advanced Standing application?
The granting of Advanced Standing will be assessed on an individual basis and may be offered for previous postgraduate studies. Applicants need to submit their certificate and transcript of previous postgraduate studies for the Advanced Standing application.
05. How much is the tuition fee and how should I pay it?
The programme tuition fee is HK$10,500 per 10 credit points that is to be paid on a unit basis. In general, the tuition fee would be due 6 - 8 weeks prior to unit commencement. Except for the first instalment that is to be paid by a crossed cheque, the tuition fee can also be paid by ATM, Internet Banking, Credit Card or PPS.
06. When and how will I know my application result?
All applicants will be informed of their application results by mail/ email, normally within one month after the applications. Successful applicants will then be invited for in-person registration to confirm the enrolment.
(III) Study Mode (80-credit-point pathway)
07. When will the programme begin?
Programme commencement is September each year.
08. What is the normal study pattern for students?
The programme (80-credit-point pathway) is offered on a part-time basis and is divided into 7 study terms. In general, students are required to take 1 unit in each term. Classes are normally held on weekday evenings, in the form of 18-hour face-to-face lectures and tutorials.
09. What is the length of the programme?
In general, student should be able to complete the programme within 2 years.
10. How many classes are there for each unit?
In general, there are 4 lectures and 2 tutorials session for each 10-credit-point unit. A typical term is scheduled as follows:
|Week 1||Lecture (3.25 hours)|
|Week 2||Lecture (3.25 hours)|
|Week 4||Tutorial (2.5 hours)|
|Week 6||Lecture (3.25 hours)|
|Week 7||Lecture (3.25 hours)|
|Week 9||Tutorial (2.5 hours)|
|Week 10-12||Self-revision & break|
11. What is the medium of instruction?
Classes will be conducted in English.
12. What is the assessment methods?
In general, students’ performance will be gauged by two pieces of continuous assessment in the form of essay, report, case analysis, reflection paper, etc.
13. What is the attendance requirement?
An attendance of 75% is needed for the lecture component of each unit in order to complete the programme. For instance, students are required to attend 3 out of the 4 lectures of a 10-credit-point-unit in order to fulfil the attendance requirement.
14. Where will the classes be held?
Normally, all classes will be held in our HKBU Kowloon Tong campus.
15. Are library facilities available?
Yes. Student have access to the HKBU Main Library, HKBU Online Library, SCE Resource Library, as well as the WSU Online Library.