Certificate in Marketing Studies
The programme aims at providing students with fundamental principles, techniques and knowledge in the marketing context. Students will acquire comprehensive knowledge of general management, sales and marketing, retailing and customer service which emphasize on real world business applications and key marketing related issues. The Programme maintains a proper balance between generic and professional education so that students would find themselves equally ready either to take up related employments or to pursue further studies after graduation.
This programme consists of 6 courses.
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||MKG0013||Marketing: Theory and Practice||市場管理：理論與實踐||30|
Marketing: Theory and PracticeCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with the basic marketing concepts and the key marketing mix, with emphasis on the integration of these areas and their application to formulating an effective marketing strategy.
- The Marketing Concept;
- Analyzing the Marketing Environment;
- Consumers and Organizational Buying Behavior;
- Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning;
- Managing the Product in the Marketing Mix;
- Pricing Considerations and Strategies;
- Distribution Channels;
- Marketing Communications;
- Analytical Frameworks for Strategic Marketing Planning; and
- Introduction to International Marketing.
Marketing ResearchCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide an understanding of the nature and concepts of marketing research. Marketing research principles, research process and design will be discussed. Included will be an introduction to commonly used data analysis and sampling techniques.
- The Nature of Marketing Research;
- The Research Process and Research Design;
- Data Collection and Measurement;
- Sampling and Data Analysis; and
- Ethical Issues in Marketing Research.
||Selling and Sales Management
Selling and Sales ManagementCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide an understanding of the role of the sales force in communicating with target markets and how to manage the sales force within an organization. There is a discussion of the selling and sales management processes and the forces underpinning these processes.
- Development and Role of Selling and Sales Management in Marketing;
- The Sales Environment;
- Organizational Buying/Purchasing;
- The personal Selling Process;
- Sales Management;
- Sales Performance; and
- Current Trends in Selling and Sales Management.
Retail ManagementCEF Course Code
The objective of this course is to introduce students to the knowledge and concepts necessary for successful management of Retail Business, with emphasis on the effective integration and coordination of these areas with the overall corporate marketing plan and the implementation of the marketing mix strategies.
- The Essentials of Retailing;
- Business Planning and Structure;
- Merchandising Management – Planning and Control;
- Merchandising Budgeting Process;
- Retail Operations Management;
- Store Location and Design;
- Legal and Security aspects of Retailing;
- Electronic Retailing (e-Tailing) and Non-Store Retailing;
- Retail Management and Strategies; and
- Retailing in the Global Marketplace.
||Managing Customer Services and Relations
Managing Customer Services and RelationsCEF Course Code
The objective of this course is to equip students with essential knowledge and practices of providing professional service to and engaging productive relationship with customers in an organization. Emphasis would be placed on the various techniques to deliver and to manage quality services and relationship with different customers in the organization.
- Customer Service Essentials;
- Effective Customer Communications;
- Dealing with Special Difficult and Complaining Customers;
- Setting Service Standards;
- Concepts of CRM (Customer Relationship Management);
- Customer Focus Factors; and
- CRM Strategy Development and Implementation.
Managerial SkillsCEF Course Code
This course aims at equipping students with management knowledge and skills which will be performed effectively and efficiently in their work environment. Besides lectures, there will be ample opportunities for students to relate their own experiences to the materials of the course through group discussions, role play and case studies.
- Decision Making;
- Applying Interpersonal Skills;
- Motivating and Leading Team;
- Developing others; and
- Employee Counseling.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 6 required courses will be awarded the Certificate in Marketing Studies.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$13,920
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East / Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Completion of Secondary 6 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of Project Yi Jin; OR
- Holder of a relevant School of Continuing Education (SCE) Certificate or equivalent; OR
- Aged 18 or above with working experience.
登記有效期: 01/01/2016 至 登記持續有效