Certificate & Diploma Programmes
Certificate Course on Student Guidance and Discipline for Teachers of Primary Schools
The School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU SCE) is commissioned by the Education Bureau (EDB) to organise this Course for teachers in primary schools. The objectives of the Course are:
- To facilitate participating teachers’ personal growth through experiential activities
- To equip participating teachers with necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to integrate guidance and discipline work in the school system
- To help participating teachers understand and manage students’ behaviour
- To help participating teachers develop, implement and evaluate their school-based guidance and discipline work
The Course is structured according to the requirements as stipulated by the EDB. It comprises the following five modules with a total of 102 contact hours:
|Module Code||Module Title||Hours|
- The Course will be delivered in a face-to-face mode through various instructional methods include lecture, workshop, group presentation, discussion, case sharing, etc.
- In case of suspension of face-to-face classes due to any unexpected circumstances, the Course may be switched to an eLearning mode.
- Participants who have attended 80% or above of the scheduled class sessions of Modules 1 – 3 and Modules 4 – 5 respectively and obtained a pass grade (Grade D or above) in the required course assignments will be issued a certificate of completion.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours will only be revealed in the Teacher’s Personal Profile on the e-services Portal of the EDB upon participants’ successful completion of the Course.
|Tuition Fee:||The tuition fee is fully subsidised by the Government.|
|Course Duration||19 SEP 2022–10 JUL 2023|
|Class Schedule & Venue||
#Some class sessions may be held on other weekdays and/or Saturdays, if necessary.
Orientation Day: All course participants are required to join an orientation session to be held at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm on 14 SEP 2022 (Wed) or 16 SEP 2022 (Fri). Successful applicants will be informed of the details of the event in due course.
Participants should be:
- A serving teacher in a primary school; and
- Nominated by school heads
(A) Priority will be given to applicants in the following order (experience counted as at 31 AUG 2022):
- Those whose school has had no teacher or less than 10% of teachers who has/have attended the same or relevant Certificate or Degree programme organised by tertiary institutions. Priority will be given to the schools with fewer number of the above trained teachers
- A member of the student guidance and discipline team in his/her school in the 2022/23 school year
- Those whose post ranking is higher
- Those who have more years of experiences in the Guidance/Discipline Team
- Those who have more years of teaching experiences
(B) Applicants who had previously attended this Course or related courses will not be considered.
- Application Deadline: 15 JUN 2022 (Wednesday)
- Application Procedures (via Online Application)
Applicants are required to complete all the following tasks on or before the deadline specified above:
- Please click here to download the School Head's Recommendation (Form A2). Applicants are required to scan and save the completed School Head's Recommendation (Form A2) in PDF format.
- Please click here to enter the HKBU SCE Online Application System and fill in the required information.
- Please click here for the Supplementary Form (Form A1) and fill in the required information. Applicants are also required to upload the completed School Head's Recommendation (Form A2) (PDF format) before submitting the completed Supplementary Form (Form A1) online.
- The HKBU SCE will acknowledge receipt of an application via the applicant's personal e-mail address provided within 14 working days after the receipt of the whole set of application documents. If an applicant does not receive our acknowledgement after the above-specified period, please contact Ms. Wong of the Programme Administration Section (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: 3411 4310).
- Applicants will be notified of the application results via their personal e-mail address provided in the application on or before 15 JUL 2022 (Friday).
- Successful applicants are accepted for admission to the Course based on the recommendation of their current serving school heads. If an applicant is going to leave his/her current serving school in the 2022/23 school year, he/she must inform both HKBU SCE and EDB immediately.
- All classes will be delivered face-to-face in 2023 Spring Term. However, the School reserves the right to switch to online or mixed mode teaching in accordance with the latest development of the COVID-19 pandemic situation.