Applied Learning Courses
Applied Learning Courses ─ Multimedia Storytelling
高中應用學習課程 ─ 多媒體故事
「Applied Learning」Course Features
The Senior Secondary Applied Learning Courses offered by the School aims to provide a choice of elective subjects as part of the New Senior Secondary (NSS) Curriculum. These subjects focus on broad professional and vocational fields in which students may have a future career interest. The unique features of the Applied Learning Courses are:
- allows students to deepen their understanding in a broad area in which they have a strong interest, with a view towards possibly developing their interest into a lifelong career.
- enables students to learn fundamental theoretical knowledge as well as practical and generic skills in their area of interest. These skills are often consolidated through hands-on experiential learning.
- provides a more holistic education in the New Senior Secondary Curriculum by teaching a wide range of competencies such as analytical, problem solving and presentation skills together with interpersonal skills such as team work, communication skills and a positive attitude towards lifelong learning.
- adopts a variety of teaching methods to motivate students to learn. This includes small group coaching, mentorships, company visits, simulation exercises, workshops, group games, role play and project work.
In Multimedia Storytelling, student-centred learning and teaching activities are designed to enable students to understand fundamental theories and concepts of storytelling, develop their generic skills, and address their career aspirations in the field of creative media and communication. It aims to provide students with a taste of the working environment across creative media and industry sectors and to instil their passion for a further career in creative media or related fields.
Special Features :
- Mentorship: Industry Experience Sharing from mentorship offered by industry professionals
- Company Visit: Visit companies which expose students to the latest development of the creative media industry
Course Structure (total 5 modules)
- Overview of multimedia storytelling (40 hours)
- Content creation (40 hours)
- Multimedia production (45 hours)
- Creativity and design thinking (25 hours）
- Creative project for social good (30 hours)
Mode 1 : HKBU(SCE) Learning Centres
Mode 2 : Students’ own school
Course fee: $24,000
(Course fee will be fully subsidized by the Education Bureau and students do not need to pay.)
e.g. media and communication studies, public relations, advertising, animation, social media production, fine arts, visual studies, creative arts and culture, business management
e.g. content curator, assistant public relations, content manager, digital public relations, junior social media content manager, junior multimedia producer, digital media specialist, graphic designer
All students must apply through their schools for enrolment in ApL courses. Schools may consider nominating students for ApL courses in light of schools’ curriculum plan and students’ needs. Thus, students who are interested in enrolling in ApL courses need to obtain schools’ nomination for the application. The application results will be subject to the selection results from course providers.
If the ApL courses that students are interested in are not offered in school, students or parents can reflect their needs to the school management so that the school may explore the possibility of offering ApL courses in Mode 1.
For details, please visit the website of Education Bureau.
Information Seminar will be held in November 2021, details will be announced in late October