Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology
In collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University, Hong Kong Baptist University offers a 1-year part-time top-up degree leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University. The programme provides students with the knowledge and skills of Human Resource Management, drawing on theoretical, practical and business focused perspectives. This will be combined with the study of key areas of psychology to enable students to more fully understand the social and psychological processes operating in organisations and to develop ways of improving them through the application of specialist Human Resource Management processes.
This programme provides the graduates with enhanced credibility and impact in the workplace. Individuals graduating with a degree comprised of Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology will have an enhanced expertise in the key areas of organisational behaviour and management of individuals at work, and will be well placed to make an effective and valuable contribution to an organisation.
The programme also aims to:
- Develop learners’ employability and transferable skills in independent thinking and reflective learning which will enable you to develop an existing career and contribute effectively in a business situation.
- Develop learners’ interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with demands of highly complex organisational structures.
- Develop learners’ understanding, judgement, intellectual and imaginative powers.
- Develop learners’ problem-solving and critical analysis abilities.
- Develop learners’ ability to synthesise areas of study and to perceive their application in a broader perspective.
In addition, students will be working alongside a continually changing mix of fellow students from a variety of background, allowing many networking opportunities to help them in their careers.
Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland, with over 18,000 students from 109 countries. Edinburgh Napier University offers industry-informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market. The high percentage of graduates employed or pursuing further studies is testament to their relevant degrees, which are developed with businesses and employers in mind and are often professionally accredited. An Edinburgh Napier University degree gives you the perfect mix of personal and professional skills for a successful career in today’s global market. Students will benefit from international lecturers and a UK degree while studying in Hong Kong. You will also leave with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make a real impact in the workplace.
University and School Accolades
- We are first in the UK for student satisfaction in Human Resource Management – National Student Survey 2019;
- We are a top 15 UK modern university for Business Studies (13th of 59) – The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020;
- The university is rated 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation (QS Stars 2019);
- 92% of our Research is Internationally Recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014);
- Top 180 University for International Outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
Each module is comprised of 12 lecture hours and 12 tutorial hours, along with independent study. Lectures are conducted by both Edinburgh Napier University and Hong Kong Baptist University on-campus lecturers; Tutorials are conducted by local tutors who are experienced industry practitioners.
Classes will be held in Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) Kowloon Tong Campus or other SCE Learning Centres. Classes will usually take place on weekday evenings, on Saturday afternoons, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
This is a 12-months part-time top-up to Year 3 degree programme, which comprises 6 modules. The modules are:
Human Resource Development
|2||Individual Differences 2||20|
|3||Managing the Employment Relationship||20|
|4||Organizational Change Management||20|
|5||Strategic Management in a Global Context||20|
Please note the University reserves the right to change the programme structure and the module content without prior notice.
- Access to SCE resource library
- Access to HKBU main library
- Direct access to the ENU online library database of Edinburgh Napier University
- Access to ENU electronic teaching and learning materials
- Access to ENU email
- Student counselling services
HK$75,000 (by three instalments)
Separate fees apply for the application and, if applicable, the recognition of prior learning/relevant experience process (both are non-refundable).
Additional fees are incurred if the student is required to resubmit a coursework or examination.
Students are eligible to apply for the Extended Non-mean-tested Loan scheme (ENLS) administered by the Hong Kong Government Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA), please click here for details. HKBU Hang Seng Credit Card can also provide Interest Free instalment plan, please click here for details.
Click here for more information on the financial assistance available.
The ENU Programme Leader will assess the candidate’s suitability for the programme. Students can be admitted onto the programme via a variety of routes, which take into account their academic background and/or relevant business experience:
Direct entry will be considered for students with an Advanced Diploma in Business (HRM) at the School of Continuing Education (SCE);
- Holder of a relevant SCE Advanced Diploma or other equivalent non-SCE qualifications will be considered;
- Candidates without an Advanced Diploma but with relevant business experience will be considered;
- Bridging modules in HRM and/or Statistics will be offered to candidates who have academic experience but do not have an Advanced Diploma in Business or relevant business experience. Upon successful completion of these modules the candidate can then enter the BA HRM with Organisational Psychology Top Up programme;
- Holders of other equivalent qualifications to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The information seminar dated 20 February 2020 will be cancelled and postponed until further notice.
The degree is currently going through the Hong Kong Education Bureau’s approval process. The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alteration without prior notice.
The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice. Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.