Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology - Edinburgh Napier University
In collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University (ENU), the School of Continuing Education (SCE) of Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) offers a 1-year part-time "Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology" programme. The programme provides students with the knowledge and skills of Human Resource Management, drawing on theoretical, practical and business focused perspectives. This will be combined with the study of key areas of psychology to enable students to more fully understand the social and psychological processes operating in organisations and to develop ways of improving them through the application of specialist Human Resource Management processes.
This programme provides the graduates with enhanced credibility and impact in the workplace. Individuals graduating with a degree comprised of Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology will have an enhanced expertise in the key areas of organisational behaviour and management of individuals at work, and will be well placed to make an effective and valuable contribution to an organisation.
The programme also aims to:
- Develop learners’ employability and transferable skills in independent thinking and reflective learning which will enable you to develop an existing career and contribute effectively in a business situation.
- Develop learners’ interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with demands of highly complex organisational structures.
- Develop learners’ understanding, judgement, intellectual and imaginative powers.
- Develop learners’ problem-solving and critical analysis abilities.
- Develop learners’ ability to synthesise areas of study and to perceive their application in a broader perspective.
In addition, students will be working alongside a continually changing mix of fellow students from a variety of background, allowing many networking opportunities to help them in their careers.
Click here to download Programme Brochure
Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland, with over 18,000 students from 109 countries. Edinburgh Napier University offers industry-informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market. The high percentage of graduates employed or pursuing further studies is testament to their relevant degrees, which are developed with businesses and employers in mind and are often professionally accredited. An Edinburgh Napier University degree gives you the perfect mix of personal and professional skills for a successful career in today’s global market. Students will benefit from international lecturers and a UK degree while studying in Hong Kong. You will also leave with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make a real impact in the workplace.
University and School Accolades
- We are first in the UK for student satisfaction in Human Resource Management – National Student Survey 2019;
- We are a top 15 UK modern university for Business Studies (13th of 59) – The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020;
- The university is rated 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation (QS Stars 2019);
- 92% of our Research is Internationally Recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014);
- Top 180 University for International Outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
Each module comprises 12 lecture hours and 12 tutorial hours, along with independent study. Lectures are given by faculty members of both ENU and HKBU-SCE and tutorials are conducted by local experienced lecturers.
Classes are held on the Kowloon Tong Campus of HKBU or at other SCE Learning Centres, usually on weekday evenings, Saturday afternoons, Sundays and public holidays.
Students who have successfully completed and passed the stipulated modules stipulated will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology by Edinburgh Napier University.
This is a 1-year part-time top-up to Year 3 degree programme, which comprises 6 modules.
Human Resource Development
|2||Individual Differences 2||20|
|3||Managing the Employment Relationship||20|
|4||Organizational Change Management||20|
|5||Strategic Management in a Global Context||20|
The University reserves the right to change the programme structure and module content without prior notice.
- Access to SCE Resource Library
- Access to HKBU Main Library
- Access to ENU online library database
- Access to ENU electronic teaching and learning materials
- Access to ENU email system
- Student counselling services
The ENU Programme Leader will assess a candidate’s suitability for the programme*. Applicants can apply for admission through a variety of means, with their respective qualifications to be considered and assessed individually:
Direct entry will be granted to those with HKBU-SCE Advanced Diploma in Business (Human Resources Management);
- Holder of a relevant Advanced Diploma will be considered;
- Holders of other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Bridging modules in HRM and/ or Statistics will be offered to those without an Advanced Diploma in Business or relevant business experience but with academic experience. Admission will be granted upon successful completion of these modules.
(1) Enter SCE Online Application System and fill in the required data.
(2) Upload the following documents onto the system:
(i) A recent passport-size photograph;
(ii) A photocopy of HKID Card; and
(iii) Proof of academic certificates and transcripts.
(3) Applicants are required to pay an application fee of HK$200 upon submission of the application. The fees are NON-REFUNDABLE unless the class/ programme is cancelled. Please pay the fees by credit card (VISA, Mastercard or China UnionPay Card) or PPS through the online payment gateway.
HK$75,000 (in three instalments)
Application fees are not included in the tuition fees and will be charged separately.
Verification of educational qualifications and/or prior employment experience may also incur surcharges. Both fees are non-refundable.
Additional fees will be charged if a student is required to resubmit coursework and/or retake examinations.
Students are eligible to apply for the Extended Non-mean-tested Loan scheme (ENLS) administered by the Hong Kong Government Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA), please click here for details. HKBU Hang Seng Credit Card holders are also eligible to apply for interest-free instalment plans, please click here for details.
Exempted Course at Non-local Course Registry, Education Bureau (Reference Number: 453126)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
- 由 2022 年 2 月 24 日起，所有进入浸会大学校园（包括持续教育学院教学中心）的学生和教职员必须遵守疫苗气泡安排，请按此参阅详情。