Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education (Part-time Mode) – Senior Year Admission
幼兒教育學教育學士（榮譽）學位課程（兼讀制） – 高年級入學
The part-time Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education aims to enhance the professional knowledge and skills of Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education holders.
To align with the government’s initiative in upgrading the academic qualifications of early childhood educare practitioners, graduates of the Programme will be trained to become self-reliant early childhood professionals equipped with in-depth knowledge, lifelong learning skills, and commitment to their profession, with the ability to facilitate learning in a constantly changing world and to promote high quality and innovative education and care for young children in the local early childhood education settings.
Students who have successfully completed the Programme and fulfiled all graduation requirements will be awarded the Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education.
Graduates of the Programme are recognised as meeting one of the requirements for registration as kindergarten principals.
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) has a vision for the development of professional training courses for local practitioners in basic education. The Early Childhood and Elementary Education Division (ECEED) is the academic arm of the School to foster the continuing professional development of quality teacher education programmes. The Division is the first higher education institute to offer early childhood education programme at the degree level and was commissioned by the government to offer the Bachelor of Education (Honours) Programme to practicing primary teachers in 1994. In view of the expanding need for quality training services in early childhood education, the ECEED made a firm commitment to uplift the professionalism of early childhood educare practitioners.
The Division offers a range of full-time or part-time academic programmes to provide pre-service and in-service training in basic education studies with qualifications awarded at certificate to postgraduate levels. All programmes are offered with a core emphasis on the advancement of academic qualifications as well as teaching skills for local early childhood and elementary education practitioners. With the continuous development of basic education programmes and the increasing number of government-commissioned courses operated in recent years, the ECEED has further affirmed its leading role and expertise in the provision and enhancement of early childhood and elementary education training in the community.
|Associate Dean (Programme Development) and
Head (Early Childhood and Elementary Education) ：
|Dr. Amelia N.Y. Lee|
|Senior Lecturer ：||Dr. Vanessa H.K. Pang||Dr. Paulina P.S. Yuen|
|Lecturers ：||Ms. Phoebe O.H. Chan||Dr. Franziska O.Y. Cheng||Dr. Cecilia W.L. Chu|
|Mr. Jeff Z.H. Feng||Ms. Minling Fu||Mr. Tommy M.S. Fung|
|Ms. Joyce W.Y. Hau||Ms. Katty Y.W. Kam||Ms. Carol S.S. Lee|
|Ms. Mona Leung||Ms. Jammie K.M. Lo||Ms. Reena Sajnani|
|Ms. Anika Saxena||Ms. Daisy K.M. Wong||Dr. Elaine Wong|
|Ms. Wong Shuk-yee||Mr. Yu Kwan-fu||Ms. Kate P.K. Yun|
This programme consists of 128 units.
|Major Required Courses|
|Professional Studies||18 units|
|Curriculum Studies||21 units|
|Honours Project||5 units|
|Electives Courses||33 units|
|Specialized Courses||6 units|
|University Core||13 units|
|General Education Programme||18 units|
|Total : 128 units|
Students will have their practicum training at their serving kindergartens.
Transfer of units may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Nevertheless, students should complete a minimum of 64 units to meet the graduation requirements of the programme.
Remarks: The School reserves the right to make changes as required.
The medium of instruction for formal classroom teaching is English, except for those courses that are granted exemption.
All practicum courses will be conducted mainly in Cantonese.
- Recreation facilities
- Web-based learning system (Moodle)
- Counselling Support
|Application Fee:||HK$350 for local applicants and HK$450 for non-local applicants|
HK$2,100 per unit
(subject to revision)
Students can apply for the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) from the government.
Click here for more information on the financial assistance available.
Applicants should be in-service kindergarten teachers who possess the following qualifications:
- A recognised Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education; and
- C(ECE) qualification.
Other qualifications deemed equivalent by the School.
- The completed application form together with the following supporting documents should be put in an envelope marked “Application for Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education (Part-time Mode)” for submission to the School:
- A set of photocopies of credentials including a diploma and transcript of Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education, registration certificate of C(ECE), results notice/certificate of the HKDSE/HKALE, results notice/certificate of the HKCEE (if applicable), other academic certificates (if any) as well as evidence of work experience and proof of your current employment where applicable
- A photocopy of HKID card
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of HK$350 for local applicants and HK$450 for non-local applicants
(please refer to “Application Fee Payment Instructions ” for the payment methods)
- The completed “Acknowledgement of Application” with HK$2.0 postage stamp affixed
- A self-addressed envelope (size at 4” x 9”) with HK$3.0 postage stamp affixed
1. The application will not be processed should there be any missing documents.
2. Applicants should present originals of the above documents for verification during admission interview / registration.
- Applications must be submitted by post or by hand to:
Address Programme Administration Section
Early Childhood and Elementary Education Division
School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University
2/F Franki Centre, 320 Junction Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
“Application for Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education (Part-time Mode)”
Office Hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:50 pm
(Enquiry hotline and service counter: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm)
|Application Deadline||22 MAY 2020 (Fri)|
|Student Orientation||AUG 2020|
|Course Commencement||Late AUG 2020|
|Date||11 JAN 2020 (Sat)||12 Feb 2020 (Wed)|
|Time||2:30 pm-4:00 pm#1||Cancelled|
TST: Tsim Sha Tsui Learning Centre, 5/F, 136A Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon
#1 If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Signal is in force at or after 11:00 am on the day of information seminar, the scheduled seminar will be cancelled.
#2 If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Signal is in force at or after 3:00 pm on the day of information seminar, the scheduled seminar will be cancelled.
The School reserves the right to make changes as required.
- How long will I need to complete the programme?
It will take about four years to complete the part-time Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education programme.
- What is the study mode?
Face-to-face mode is adopted for the programme. Students will also have attachment and block placement in their serving kindergartens.
- When will classes start?
Classes for the 2020 Autumn intake will start in late AUG 2020.
- Will the University acknowledge receipt of my application?
If applicants wish to receive an acknowledgement, please fill in your name and correspondence address with HK$2.0 stamp affixed on the Acknowledgement of Application.
- If I obtained the qualification of Associate Degree/Certificate in the discipline of early childhood education from other institutions, can I apply for the programme?
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered only if they are in-service kindergarten teachers and their qualifications are proved to be equivalent to
- A recognised Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education; and
- C(ECE) qualification
- Do you accept students with academic qualifications in other disciplines other than Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education?
- When will the University make the admission offer?
For the 2020 Autumn intake, admission offers will be made in JUN/JUL 2020.
- Can I apply for transfer of units for units previously earned from other institution(s)?
Applicants may apply for transfer of units if they have taken equivalent courses in other institutions previously. Nevertheless, students should complete a minimum of 64 units to meet the graduation requirements of the programme. Moreover, the University reserves the right to refuse to grant transfer of units for courses that are not deemed to be equivalent to the University’s courses. All transfer of units shall be considered by the School on a case-by-case basis upon admission.
- Do I need to secure a teaching post in a kindergarten before applying for the programme?
Yes. Students are required to have their practicum training at their serving kindergartens which are recognised kindergartens in Hong Kong.
The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice. Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.