Business English Basics (Reading & Writing)
This course trains students in business-related language structures, concepts, vocabulary and English usage at the basic level. They read some simple business documents and learn to produce plain and straightforward written correspondence.
- Language structures and English usage
- Reading comprehension and information processing:
- reading passages;
- understanding tables and charts containing business information; and
- identifying main ideas and scanning for specific information.
- Writing simple business letters and memos:
- appropriate layout including addresses, salutations, complimentary close and signature;
- business writing conventions;
- paragraphing techniques; and
- proof-reading skills.
|Pre-requisite||:||Completion of Form 3 or equivalent|
|Code||Commencing||Date and Time|
|16EBW2512A||Mar 13||Tue 7:15pm-9:45pm|