Programme Code: CP0263
Professional Certificate in Marketing Communications
The programme aims at providing students with concrete knowledge and skills of a greater complexity in marketing communications. It is designed to equip students with the professional knowledge of media strategy development, advertising copywriting, visual technology and marketing and research planning for marketing communications. Hence, students are well-equipped with theoretical and practical grounding in marketing communications and are able to develop appropriate professional skills to achieve corporate goals in marketing communications related function.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
This course aims at providing students with the conceptual knowledge and practices on integrating the major strategies on advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and direct marketing to achieve comprehensive marketing communications. To cope with today’s increasingly dynamic market environment, the course also introduces the modern technology enabled interactive marketing methods to enhance the overall effect and the degree of customization in market communications (marcom). Topics include:
- Overview on Marketing Communications;
- Directing Marketing Communication Efforts;
- Establishing Marketing Communication Objectives and Budget;
- Advertising Creative and Media Strategies;
- Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing Activities;
- Interactive Marketing;
- Public Relations (PR) and Publicity; and
- Measuring Effectiveness of Marcom Programmes.
|2.||MKG4201||Media Planning and Strategy Development||媒介策劃與策略發展||30|
Media Planning and Strategy Development
This course aims at providing students with an understanding of the media planning process and selection and evaluation of media vehicles. Focus will be given on the development of media strategies and consideration of the various decisions and problems that arise in those processes. Topics include:
- Introduction to Media Planning;
- Measurements and Calculations;
- Principles of Planning Media Strategy;
- Components of a Media Plan (Part 1);
- Components of a Media Plan (Part 2);
- Components of a Media Plan (Part 3);
- Selecting Media Vehicles;
- Media Costs and Buying Problems; and
- Evaluating the Media Plan.
|3.||MKG4202||Effective Advertising Copywriting||卓越廣告撰稿||30|
Effective Advertising Copywriting
This course aims to help students learn how to create original and effective advertising copy. Students will acquire the necessary skills to write effective advertising copy for different media such as television, radio, print, internet, etc. for promoting products, services and ideas and encourage the target customers to respond positively as the advertiser intended. Topics include:
- Advertising Copywriting Overview;
- Understanding the Brand;
- Preparing the Campaign;
- Understanding Copywriting Elements;
- Print Advertising;
- Direct Response;
- Copywriting for Radio Advertising;
- Television Copywriting; amd
- Writing For the Internet.
|4.||CAP4170||Advertising and Visual Technology||廣告與視覺科技||30|
Advertising and Visual Technology
The course aims to develop students with broad knowledge in the implementation of advertising messages using various visual media and technology. Through hands-on practice, students will acquire techniques to create visuals to convey advertising information effectively in business. Topics include:
- Advertising Appeals;
- Advertising and Visual Media;
- Creative Visualization;
- Cultural Palettes;
- Visual Semiotics; and
- Applications of Visual Technology in Advertising.
|5.||MKG4011||Marketing Planning and Research||市場規劃與研究||30|
Marketing Planning and Research
This course aims to provide a holistic view on the principles of market planning and the concepts, methodology and the essential skills required to conduct market research. The course also focuses on how proper market planning and research can contribute to the quality decision making on market strategies and the ultimate market success. The appropriate market planning process and research design principles, process and commonly used sampling and data analysis techniques will be discussed. Topics include:
- Introduction to Market Planning and Market Research in the Global Market Environment;
- The Marketing Planning process;
- Developing a Marketing Plan;
- The Market Research Process and Design;
- Data collection and measurement;
- Sampling and data analysis;
- Interpreting Data Findings; and
- Ethical issues in Marketing Research and Planning.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Marketing Communications.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$14,970
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003410/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.