Programme Code: CP0262
Professional Certificate in Festive Event Management
This programme aims at providing students with concrete knowledge and skills of a greater complexity in managing successful festive events. It is designed to equip students with the professional knowledge of festive events operations, marketing communications and risks management for the Festive Event Industry. Hence, students are well-equipped with theoretical and practical grounding in event management and are able to develop appropriate professional skills to achieve corporate goals in festive event management related function.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||CEM4101||Event Planning and Administration||活動策劃與行政||30|
Event Planning and Administration
This course aims to provide students with comprehensive, modern business knowledge, practical skills and planning tools necessary for successful event planning and administration. Topics include:
- Background of Events;
- Modern Event Management Process;
- Developing the Event Plan;
- Event Sponsorship;
- Management of Human Resources;
- Financial Administration;
- Event Management Technology Tools; and
- Event Evaluation.
|2.||CEM4102||Event Operations and Logistics||活動運作及物流||30|
Event Operations and Logistics
This course provides the students with the required knowledge in event operations and logistics. In addition, students would be able to learn how to prepare for the production, catering services, booking of entertainment and logistics components of an event in order to achieve its goals and objectives. Topics include:
- Production and Staging Events;
- On Site Management;
- Catering Management;
- Food Menus and Beverage Lists;
- Food and Beverage Service Methods;
- Entertainment Management;
- Selecting and Booking Entertainment;
- Managing Performers; and
- Event Logistics Management.
This course aims at providing students with the conceptual knowledge and practices on integrating the major strategies on advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and direct marketing to achieve comprehensive marketing communications. To cope with today’s increasingly dynamic market environment, the course also introduces the modern technology enabled interactive marketing methods to enhance the overall effect and the degree of customization in market communications (marcom). Topics include:
- Overview on Marketing Communications;
- Directing Marketing Communication Efforts;
- Establishing Marketing Communication Objectives and Budget;
- Advertising Creative and Media Strategies;
- Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing Activities;
- Interactive Marketing;
- Public Relations (PR) and Publicity; and
- Measuring Effectiveness of Marcom Programmes.
|4.||CEM4103||Festive Event Management||節慶活動管理||30|
Festive Event Management
This course aims to provide students with an understanding of the planning process of festive events and recognise the various types of local and international festivals. Topics include:
- Understanding the Background of Festivals;
- Local and International Festivals;
- Administration and Management of Festivals;
- Publicity for Festive Events;
- Hospitality; and
- Production and Site Preparation.
|5.||CEM4104||Risk Management for Events||活動風險管理||30|
Risk Management for Events
This course enables students to have a better understanding of the standard and customary event regulations and procedures. Throughout the course, participants will be acquainted with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify potential event liabilities and ethics and also able to monitor and control them through risk and ethical management procedures for different events. Topics include:
- Legal and Financial Safeguards;
- Contracts, Permits and Licenses;
- Classification of Risks;
- Risk Management Procedures;
- Risk Control Strategies; and
- Ethics in Event Management.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Festive Event Management.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$14,750
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN FESTIVE EVENT MANAGEMENT is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003409/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.