Dr. Sharron S. K. Leung | 梁淑琴博士
Head of Nursing Education, Programme Director of Bachelor of Nursing (Hons)
- Management and Leadership
- Nursing Research & Evidence-based Practice
- Ethics and Legal Issues
- Stress and psychosocial care
- Perinatal psychosocial intervention
- Group cognitive-behavioral intervention
- Behavioral intervention
- Spirituality and spiritual care
- Registered Nurse (General)
- Fellow of Hong Kong Academy of Nursing (Education & Research – Education)
- Fellow of Hong Kong Academy of Nursing (Nursing and Health Care Management)
- Lee, CF, Ho, JWC, Fong, D, Macfarlane, DJ, Cerin, E, Lee, AM, Leung, SSK, Chan, WYY, Leung, IPF, Lam, SHS, Chu, Natural, Taylor, AJ, Cheng, KK. (2018). Dietary and physical activity interventions for colorectal cancer survivors: A randomized controlled trial. Scientific Reports, 8, 5731. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-24042-6.
- Leung, SSK, Lee, AM, Wong, DFK, Wong, CM, Leung, KY, Chiang, VCL, Yung, WK, Chan, SWC, Chung, KF. (2016). A brief group intervention using a cognitive-behavioral approach to reduce postnatal depressive symptoms: a randomized controlled trial. Hong Kong Medical Journal, 22 (Suppl2), S4-8.
- Chiang, VCL, Chien, WT, Wong, HT, Lee, RLP, Ha, J, Leung, SSK, Wong, DFK. (2016). A brief cognitive-behavioral psycho-education (B-CBE) program for managing stress and anxiety of main family caregivers of patients in the intensive care unit. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 13(10), 962. doi:10.3390/ijerph13100962.
- Ho, JWC, Lee, AM, Duncan MJ, Fong, DYT, Leung, SSK, Cerin, E, Chan, WYY, Leung, IPF, Lam, SHS, Taylor, AJ, Cheng, KK. (2013). Study protocol for Moving Bright, Eating Smart A phase 2 clinical trial on the acceptability and feasibility of a diet and physical activity intervention to prevent recurrence in colorectal cancer survivors. BMC Public Health, 13, 487.doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-487.
- Leung, SSK, Lee, AM, Wong, DFK, Chiang, VCL, Lam, SK, Yung. (2013). Culturally sensitive, preventive antenatal group cognitive behavioral therapy for Chinese women with depression. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 19 Suppl 1, 28-37. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12021..
- Leung, SSK., Lam, TH. (2012). Group antenatal intervention to reduce perinatal stress and depressive symptoms related to intergenerational conflicts: A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 49, 1391-1402.
- Leung, SSK, Lee, AM. (2012). Negative affect. Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research.
- Fong, DYT, Ho, JWC, Ho, B., MacFarlane, D, Cerin, E, Lee, A, Leung, SSK, Chan, W, Taylor, A, Lam S, Leung, I, Cheng, KK. (2012). Physical activity for cancer survivors: A meta- analysis of randomized controlled trial. BMJ, 344, e70. doi: 10.1136/bmj.e70
- Chiang, VCL., Leung, SSK., Chui, CYY., Leung, AYM., Mak, YW. (2012). Building life-long capacity in undergraduate nursing freshmen within an integrative and small group learning context. Nurse Education Today. doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.05.009.
- Lee, ACK, Leung, SSK, Mak, YW. (2012) The application of family-nursing assessment skills: from classroom to hospital ward among final-year nursing undergraduates in Hong Kong. Nurse Education Today, 32, 78-84.
- Lee, AM, Leung, SSK. (2012). Health outcomes [Invited). Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research.
- Leung, AMY, Chan, SSC, Kwan, CW, Cheung, M, Leung, SSK, Fong, DYT. (2012). Service learning in medical and nursing training: a randomized controlled trial. Advances in Health Sciences Education. DOI 10.1007/s10459-011-9329-9.
- Leung, SSK, Chiang, VCL, Mak, YW, Chui, YY, Wong, DFK. (2011). A brief cognitive- behavioral stress management program for secondary school teachers. Journal of Occupational Health, 53 (1):23-35. Epub 2010 Nov 10.
- Leung, SSK, Chui, YY, Chiang, VCL, Mak, YW, Lee ACK. (2011). Feasibility and potentials of online support for stress management among secondary school teachers. Stress and Health, 27 (3), e282-286. doi: 10.1002/smi.1347.
- Leung, SSK, Leung, I. (2010). Knowledge, health perception and cervical cancer screening attendance rate among Hong Kong Chinese women: a questionnaire survey. International Journal of Women’s Health, 2, 1-8.
- Leung, SSK, Stewart, SM, Wong, JPS, Ho, DSY, Fong, DYT, Lam, TH. (2009). The Association between Adolescent Depressive Symptoms, Maternal Negative Affect and Family Relationships in Hong Kong: Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Findings. Journal of Family Psychology, 23 (5), 636-645.
- Leung, SSK, Mak, YM, Chui, CYY, Chiang, VCL, Lee, ACK. (2009). Occupational stress, mental health status and stress management behaviors among secondary school teachers in Hong Kong. Health Education Journal, 68 (4), 1-16.
- Lee, ACK, Tang, SW, Leung, SSK, Yu, GKK, Cheung, RTF. (2009). The impact of mental health literacy on health-seeking behavior stroke survivors. Aging and Mental Health, 13 (3), 349-356.
- Leung, SSK. Mak, YW, Chiang, VCL, Chui, YY, Sun, SYK, Wong, DFK. (2008). A Study on a Brief Cognitive-behavioral Intervention for Teachers’ Work-Related Stress: A Discussion Paper on Recruitment and Engagement Issues, Hong Kong Journal of Mental Health, 34, 43-50.
- Leung, SSK. (2008). Postnatal Family Support and Childcare Stress to First-time Mothers in Hong Kong, Hong Kong Journal of Mental Health, 34, 16-27.
- Leung, SSK. Arthur, D., & Martinson, I.M. (2005). Postpartum Depression and Related Psychosocial Variables in Hong Kong Chinese Women: Findings from a Longitudinal Prospective Study. Research in Nursing and Health, 28, 27-38.
- Leung, SSK. Martinson, I.M., & Arthur, D. (2005). Stress in women with postpartum depression: A phenomenology study. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 51 (4), 353-360.
- Leung, SSK. Arthur, D., Martinson, I.M., & Lau, A.K.L. (2005). The perceived stress and support of Chinese postpartum ritual of “doing the month”. Health Care for Women International, 26 (3), 212 – 224.
- Chan, SSC, Leung, GM, Tiwari, AFY, Salili, F, Leung, SSK, Wong, DCN, Wong, ASF, Lai, ASF., Lam, TH. (2005). The impact of work-related risk on nurses during the SARS outbreak in Hong Kong. Family and Community Health, 28 (3), 274-287.
- Salili, F., Lai, S., Leung, SSK. (2004). The Consequences of Pressure on Adolescent Students to Perform Well in School. Hong Kong Journal of Paediatrics, 9, 329-336.
Professional / Community Services
Nursing Council of Hong Kong
- Council Member (since 2017)
- Chairperson, Enrolled Nurse (General) Examination Sub-Committee (since 2017)
- Chairperson, Syllabus Review EN Sub-group (since 2017)
- Convenor, Syllabus Review Workgroup (since 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (since 2017)
Hong Kong College of Education & Research in Nursing
- Vice-President and Founding Council Member, 2012-2018
- Convenor, College of Education and Research in Nursing Preparatory Working Group, 2010-2012
Hong Kong Academy of Nursing
- Member, Preparatory Committee, 2010-2012
- Coordinator, RTHK Broadcast series of nursing specialists and advanced practice for International Nurses’ Day, 2009-2010; 2007-2008
Other Professional Association/Universities (recent 10 years)
- Chairperson, Hong Kong Society for Nursing Education, 2010-2012
- Internal Secretary, Hong Kong Society for Nursing Education, 2008-2010
- Executive Committee Member, Hong Kong Society for Nursing Education, 2002-2004
- External Examiner, School of Nursing, TWC, 2015-2018
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Nursing & Health Sciences, TWC, 2014-2015
- Academic Assessor, HKU SPACE Community College, 2015-2018
- Chairperson, Internal Validation Panel for Associate Degree of Health and Social Care, NYC, 2018
- Consultant, Bachelor of Nursing Programme, CIHE, 2013
- Advisor and Member, Research Committee, Fu Hong Society, 2013-2015
- Advisor & Invited External Member, Curriculum Development of Training Courses for External Customers, Fu Hong Society, 2011-2013
- Exploration study on factors contributing to perceived spirituality and spiritual care among nursing students. (2020). HKBU (SGFS 1819/05). HK$100,000.
- The effects of practicing Laughter Yoga (LY) on health among undergraduate nursing students. (2020). HKBU (SGFS 1819/04). HK$100,000.
- The acceptability and feasibility of a diet and physical activity intervention to prevent recurrence in colorectal cancer survivors - a phawse 2 study. World Cancer Research Fund International. (2016). HK$3,094,867.91 (£249, 469).
- Randomized controlled trial of a brief group intervention using cognitive-behavioral approach to reduce postnatal depressive symptoms. (2013). Health and Health Services Research Fund. HK$547,035.
- Brief cognitive- behavioral education program for main family carers of patients in intensive care units: A randomized controlled trial. (2012). Competitive Research Grants, HKPU. HK$195,780.
- The acceptability and feasibility of a diet and physical activity intervention to prevent recurrence in colorectal cancer survivors. (2011). World Cancer Research Fund International. HK$543,732.34 (£42,754.35).
- Share the care, share the joy. Randomized controlled trial to promote family happy, healthy, and harmony. (2010). The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. HK$621,380.
Other Earlier Funded Projects
- Physical activity intervention on depression during pregnancy and postpartum. (2012). HKU.
- Trial run of brief group intervention using cognitive-behavioral approach to reduce postnatal depressive symptoms. (2011). HKU.
- Trial-run for antenatal preventive intervention to prevent postpartum depression and anxiety in Hong Kong. (2010). HKU.
- Outcome- based education in a course of undergraduate nursing programme—community and Public Health Nursing. (2010). UGC TDG.
- Qualitative study of disordered eating and factors associated with its development among pregnant women in Hong Kong. (2009). HKU.
- Stress and social support of pregnant women with depressive symptoms. (2008). HKU.
- A quasi-experimental study on cognitive-behavioural programme for work-related stress of secondary school teachers in HK: a pilot study. (2008). HKU.
- Interactive online learning through WebCT on communication skills. (2008). HKU.
- Generations as Partners in Education (GAPIE): A service-learning project in gerontology. (2008). HKU.
- Building capacity for life-long learning with freshmen students. (2007). UGC TDG.
- A web-based statistics laboratory for teaching and learning of medical statistics. (2007). HKU.
- An exploratory study of the male climacteric and its relationship with psychological factors. (2006). HKU.
- Trial run of cognitive- behavioral program. (2006). HKU.
- The relationship among Premenstrual Syndrome, dysmenorrhoea, psychosocial variables and quality of life. (2004). HKU.
- Couples’ experience of postpartum depression. (2004). HKU.
- Effect of early learning partnership with medical students on sense of collegiality and satisfaction in trans-disciplinary collaboration among undergraduate nursing students. (2005). HKU.
- A one year surveillance study of nurses’ preventive measures and health status in relation to the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome epidemic in Hong Kong. (2004). HKU.
- Self-learning to improve clinical skills: using video playback and peer evaluation. (2003). HKU.