Dr. Vanessa H. K. Pang | 彭晓君博士
Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood and Elementary Education Division
- Programme Director, Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education (2019-Present)
- Programme Director, Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education (2020-Present)
- EDUC 7860 Early Literacy Development
- CECE 7308 Language and Literacy Development in the Early Years
- BECE 3510 Appreciation and Writing of Children’s Literature
- EECE 4530 English Linguistics for Early Childhood Educators
- HECE 2140 Language Development in Early Childhood Education
- BECE 4310 Early English Learning I
- BECE 4320 Early English Learning II
- HECE 1630 English for University Studies I
- HECE 2630 English for University Studies II
- Applied linguistics (second language pedagogy on English grammatical structures)
- Language acquisition (second language acquisition and bilingualism)
- Registration as a Teacher, Education and Manpower Bureau
- Pang, H. K., & Tam, S. Y. (2022, July 8-10). Pursuing Quality Education under the Kindergarten Education Scheme: Perspectives of Teachers and Parents in Hong Kong [Poster presentation]. PECERA-HK Celebration of 25th Anniversary of HKSAR Establishment cum 22nd PECERA Annual Conference, Hong Kong.
- Li, X. D., & Pang, H. K. (2020, October). The Use of Corpora in Improving Modal Verb Treatment in English as Foreign Language Textbooks. Paper presented at the ICCLL 2020 International Conference on Corpus Linguistics and Lexicology, London, United Kingdom.
- Pang, H. K. (2020, June). A Cognitive Linguistics Application for Second Language Pedagogy. Paper presented at the Continuing Professional Development International Conference 2020 for English teaching professionals worldwide, Hong Kong.
- Pang, H. K. (2020, May). A Cognitive Linguistics Application for Second Language Grammar Pedagogy. Paper presented at the Asian Conference on Arts & Humanities, Tokyo, Japan.
- Pang, H. K. (2019, April). Fostering Second Language Conceptualization and Development: Teaching English Tense and Aspect in Hong Kong Classrooms. Paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Language, Education, Humanities and Innovation, Osaka, Japan.
- Pang, H.K. (2018, June). Applying Cognitive Grammar to Teaching English Past Tense and Progressive Aspect in the Foreign Language Classroom. Paper presented at the 18th Annual Conference of the Japan Second Language Association, Tokyo, Japan.
Professional / Community Services
Member of the Core Group (Arts) for the Kindergarten Resource Centre of the Education Bureau.
- 2014-15 Co-Investigator, “Investigating relationships between theory and practice in language teaching: A longitudinal study.” HKU Seed Funding 2014/15, Faculty of Education, HKU. Funded. HK$104,765.
2020-21 Principal Investigator, “Perceptions of Parents, Principals and Teachers on Quality Education under the Kindergarten Education Scheme in Hong Kong.” Seed Grant Funding Scheme 2020/21, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University. Funded. HK$99,237.
2022-23 Co-Investigator, “The use of information and communication technology of kindergarten teachers in the initial teacher training in Hong Kong.” Seed Grant Funding Scheme 2022/23, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University. Funded. HK$103,587.
2022-23 Co-Investigator, “Applying cognitive linguistics to teaching count nouns and mass nouns to L1 Cantonese ESL learners across different age groups” Seed Grant Funding Scheme 2022/23, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University. Funded. HK$97,915.