What is Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges.
Autism is known as a “spectrum” disorder because there are wide variations in the types and severity of symptoms people experience. People with ASD will have the following signs and symptoms:
- Difficulty with communication and interaction with other people
- Restricted interests and repetitive behaviors
- Symptoms that hurt the person’s ability to function properly in school, work, and other areas of life
- People with autism usually use body language to express their emotions, pay additional attention to their body language
- Use clear, simple and specific words when speak