Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) - University of South Australia
The Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) starts with core courses in business. These will give you a solid grasp of business fundamentals such as economics and accounting, business operations, and intelligence. You can gain valuable insight and career skills while you study the fundamentals of Sport and Recreation Management, with internships in industry and electives. Electives to choose from include Sport and Event Management and Recreation and Wellness Management.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The University of South Australia is a globally connected and engaged university with industry-informed teaching and research that is inventive and adventurous.
Ranked in the world's top 50 under 50^ and with 100% of assessed research rated at or above world-class*, the University is young, innovative and offers students the chance to gain real-world experience.
Focused on life beyond the classroom, the University of South Australia offers a practical approach to teaching and learning. Degrees are designed in partnership with industry, giving students opportunities to gain the latest insights and trends and ensuring they graduate career ready.
^Ranked in the World's Top 50 Under 50
- Ranked #29, 2021 QS Top 50 Universities Aged Under 50 and
Ranked #46, 2022 THE Young University Rankings
*2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), 4-digit Fields of Research
|Your first step to future success|
|UniSA 2021 Year in Review|
UniSA BUSINESS SCHOOL
UniSA Business develops career-ready graduates, and positively affects communities and environments locally, nationally, and globally. It is the only business school in South Australia accredited by both AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EFMD (EQUIS).
As a student you will have the opportunity to work on industry projects, receive business mentoring and undertake internships as part of your studies.
- Finance, Economics and Property
- Management and Human Resource Management
- Tourism, Sports and Events
This degree is offered full-time on a trimester basis on HKBU campuses. Depending upon the advanced standing (credits) awarded, students may complete the program in one year. Face-to-face lectures and online support would be provided to students. Each course is normally taught through 39 contact hours.
Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) by the University of South Australia
Click here to download Programme Brochure
The programme is accredited by HKCAAVQ as equivalent to HKQF Level 5, bachelor’s degrees offered by Hong Kong universities. With the programme’s accreditation status, students are eligible for below benefits:
- Students can apply for Hong Kong Government’s Grants and Loans. For eligibility details, please refer to Student Finance Office Website.
- Students can apply for Government scholarships.
- The degree qualifications are recognized by the Hong Kong Government for employment within the Civil Service.
Depending upon the amount of advanced standing awarded, most students are required to complete all of the following courses in their study:
- Business Development in Sport
- Entrepreneurship for Social and Market Impact
- Fundamentals of Sport and Recreation
- International Business Environments
- Leadership in Recreation and Sport
- Leisure Concepts
- Project Management: Principles and Strategies
- Recreation and Sport Event Programming
- Recreation Planning in the Urban Environment
- Sport Governance
- Sport, Tourism and Event Practicum
- Strategic Management
For an outline of each course, please go to the University of South Australia Website: www.unisa.edu.au
The medium of instruction is English.
- A dedicated website for Hong Kong students
- Access to Hong Kong Baptist University Main Library and SCE Resource Library
- Access to UniSA on-line library database
- Access to computer and sports facilities at the Hong Kong Baptist University
- Academic counselling
- Medical and dental benefits
As the No.1 University in South Australia for graduate careers in Business and Management1, our quality teaching and experiences beyond the classroom will ensure you graduate career-ready.
Careers to consider:
- Administrators in Government (i.e. Assistant Leisure Services Manager, LCSD): supervise venue staff in the daily management and operation of leisure facilities, run and evaluate recreation and sports programmes, monitor the performance of service contractors, prepare financial returns, liaise with clubs and associations and identify shortfalls and ascertaining district’s needs for leisure services provision, encourage residents to improve wellbeing and enhance quality of life.
- Executives in fitness and leisure industries: organize sports programmes and physical activities, manage the business and operation, and resolve different issues by managing various resources.
- Officers or inspectors in disciplinary forces: supervise and work with teams and individuals to improve their performance, provide training for the team members, and take part in administrative duties.
- Coach: providing expert training for sporting teams and athletes; assisting with skills development and fitness; assessing the performance of athletes and helping strengthen areas of weakness; developing tactics and strategies
1ComparED (QILT) Graduate Outcomes Survey 2018-20 – Full-time Employment Indicator (Postgraduate). SA public universities.
HK$111,420 (by three instalments)
(subject to revision)
To accept the admission offer, applicants must pay a deposit of HK$5,000 and the first instalment of the tuition fee. The deposit and the tuition fee paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
International Merit Scholarship
UniSA will offer up to 8 International Merit Scholarship to the highest achieving feeder students who are continuing their studies in a UniSA top-up degree program at HKBU.
Scholarship recipients will receive HK$10,000 as a reduction in their student contributions (tuition fees) in the following trimester.
Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship Scheme (SPSS)
Introduced by Education Bureau (EDB) for students pursuing full-time locally accredited self-financing sub-degree and degree programmes with outstanding academic and non-academic achievements.
Click HERE for more details.
Applicants for the University of South Australia Bachelor’s programmes should possess:
- A recognised higher diploma/advanced diploma/associate degree in related discipline, and
- English Language Proficiency which requires:
an overall minimum IELTS score (or equivalent as approved by UniSA) of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 in the reading and writing sub scores, achieved in the last 2 years; or previous successful tertiary study in the last 2 years where English was the language of instruction, and in a location (such as Hong Kong) where English is an official or common language in accordance with UniSA requirements.
Admission Track Record
School of Continuing Education,
Hong Kong Baptist University (SCE)
College of International Education,
Hong Kong Baptist University (CIE)
School of Continuing and Professional Studies,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (SCS)
School of Professional and Continuing Education, The University of Hong Kong (SPACE)
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE)
UOW College Hong Kong (formerly Community College of City University of Hong Kong)
Admission is not limited to graduates from the above programmes. Applicants from other programmes will be assessed individually.
Application forms are obtainable from SCE offices during the application period or by downloading from the programme webpage.
Click here to download Application Form (with notes to applicants)
The full degree consists of 24 courses. Advanced standing up to a maximum of 12 courses will be assessed by the Programme Director.
Exempted Course at Non-local Course Registry, Education Bureau (Reference Number: 412846)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
University of South Australia's CRICOS Provider Number 00121B
The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice.
Starting from 24 February 2022, all students and staff entering HKBU Campuses (including SCE Learning Centres) must follow the vaccine bubble arrangements. Please click here for details.