Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) – University of South Australia
The Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) starts with core courses in business. These will give you a solid grasp of business fundamentals such as economics and accounting, business operations, and intelligence. You can gain valuable insight and career skills while you study the fundamentals of Sport and Recreation Management, with internships in industry and electives. Electives to choose from include Sport and Event Management and Recreation and Wellness Management.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The University of South Australia is a globally connected and engaged university helping solve the problems of industry and the professions. Our teaching is industry-informed and our research is inventive and adventurous with a focus on real-world experience. We create knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity. Our graduates are the new professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change.
Our programmes are designed with a strong professional emphasis and in partnership with industry. With modern facilities across our Adelaide based campuses, we welcome students from across the globe.
|Join a university awarded 5 QS stars for Excellence|
UniSA BUSINESS SCHOOL
The UniSA Business School is ranked within the top one percent worldwide and has been awarded five-Stars by QS World Rankings. It is also one of only nine Business Schools in Australia to be accredited by EQUIS – the EFMD Quality Improvement System.
The School’s strong partnerships give you the opportunity to work on industry projects, receive business mentoring and undertake internships as part of your studies.
- Finance, Economics and Property
- Management and Human Resource Management
- Tourism, Sports and Events
This degree is offered full-time on a trimester basis on HKBU campuses. Depending upon the advanced standing (credits) awarded, students may complete the program in one year. Face-to-face lectures and online support would be provided to students. Each course is normally taught through 39 contact hours.
Bachelor of Business (Sport and Recreation Management) by the University of South Australia
Click here to download Programme Brochure
The medium of instruction is English.
Depending upon the amount of advanced standing awarded, most students are required to complete all of the following courses in their study:
- Business Development in Sport
- Entrepreneurship for Social and Market Impact
- Fundamentals of Sport and Recreation
- International Business Environments
- Leadership in Recreation and Sport
- Leisure Concepts
- Organisational Entrepreneurship
- Recreation and Sport Event Programming
- Recreation Planning in the Urban Environment
- Sport Governance
- Sport, Tourism and Event Practicum
- Strategic Management
For an outline of each course, please go to the University of South Australia Website: www.unisa.edu.au
- A dedicated website for Hong Kong students
- Access to Hong Kong Baptist University Main Library and SCE Resource Library
- Access to UniSA on-line library database
- Access to computer and sports facilities at the Hong Kong Baptist University
- Academic counselling
- Medical and dental benefits
As the No.1 University in South Australia for graduate careers in Management and Commerce1, our quality teaching and experiences beyond the classroom will ensure you graduate career-ready.
Careers to consider:
- Administrators in Government (i.e. Assistant Leisure Services Manager, LCSD): supervise venue staff in the daily management and operation of leisure facilities, run and evaluate recreation and sports programmes, monitor the performance of service contractors, prepare financial returns, liaise with clubs and associations and identify shortfalls and ascertaining district’s needs for leisure services provision, encourage residents to improve wellbeing and enhance quality of life.
- Executives in fitness and leisure industries: organize sports programmes and physical activities, manage the business and operation, and resolve different issues by managing various resources.
- Officers or inspectors in disciplinary forces: supervise and work with teams and individuals to improve their performance, provide training for the team members, and take part in administrative duties.
- Coach: providing expert training for sporting teams and athletes; assisting with skills development and fitness; assessing the performance of athletes and helping strengthen areas of weakness; developing tactics and strategies
1QILT: Graduate Destinations Survey 2015 and Graduate Outcomes Survey 2016-17 – Full-time Employment Indicator. Public SA-founded universities only.
HK$111,420 (by three instalments)
(subject to revision)
To accept the admission offer, applicants must pay a deposit of HK$5,000 and the first instalment of the tuition fee. The deposit and the tuition fee paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Applicants for the University of South Australia Bachelor’s programmes should possess:
- A recognized higher diploma/advanced diploma/associate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and
- English Language Proficiency which requires:
an overall minimum IELTS score (or equivalent as approved by UniSA) of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 in the reading and writing sub scores, achieved in the last 2 years; or previous successful tertiary study in the last 2 years where English was the language of instruction, and in a location (such as Hong Kong) where English is an official or common language in accord UniSA requirements.
Application forms are obtainable from SCE offices during the application period or by downloading from the programme webpage.
Click here to download Application Form (with notes to applicants)
The full degree consists of 24 courses. Advanced standing up to a maximum of 12 courses will be assessed by the Programme Director.
Exempted Course at Non-local Course Registry, Education Bureau (Reference Number: 412846)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
University of South Australia’s CRICOS Provider Number 00121B
The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice. Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.