Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Event Management) – University of South Australia
The Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Event Management) programme is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become effective managers in the tourism and event industries. A positive attitude towards lifelong learning and a commitment to be socially responsible and make productive management decisions are important outcomes.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The University of South Australia is a globally connected and engaged university helping solve the problems of industry and the professions. Our teaching is industry-informed and our research is inventive and adventurous with a focus on real-world experience. We create knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity. Our graduates are the new professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change.
Our programmes are designed with a strong professional emphasis and in partnership with industry. With modern facilities across our Adelaide based campuses, we welcome students from across the globe.
|Your first step to future success||UniSA: Unstoppable in 2019|
UniSA BUSINESS SCHOOL
The UniSA Business School is ranked within the top one percent worldwide and has been awarded five-Stars by QS World Rankings. It is also one of only nine Business Schools in Australia to be accredited by EQUIS – the EFMD Quality Improvement System.
The School’s strong partnerships give you the opportunity to work on industry projects, receive business mentoring and undertake internships as part of your studies.
This degree is offered full-time on a trimester basis on HKBU campuses. Face-to-face lectures and online support would be provided to students. Each course is normally taught through 39 contact hours.
Company Visit and Guest Talk – Students have opportunities to understand the operation of companies and gain insight into their future career path through activities such as company visits and guest talks.
Study Tour – A valuable opportunities for students to broaden their horizons and to experience Australian culture through a series of activities and visits in the tour to Adelaide
Workshop – Writing workshops and Interview workshops for students to sharpen their skills and prepare themselves for a job.
Upon satisfactory completion of the programme, students will be awarded the Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Event Management) by the University of South Australia.
Click here to download the Programme Brochure
The programme is accredited by HKCAAVQ as equivalent to HKQF Level 5, bachelor’s degrees offered by Hong Kong universities. With the programme’s accreditation status, students are eligible for below benefits:
- Students can apply for Hong Kong Government’s Grants and Loans. For eligibility details, please refer to www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/tc/postsecondary/index.htm
- Students can apply for Government scholarships
- The degree qualifications are recognized by the Hong Kong Government for employment within the Civil Service
- Finance, Economics and Property
- Management and Human Resource Management
- Tourism, Sports and Events
Depending upon the amount of advanced standing awarded, most students are required to complete all of the following courses in their study:
- Destination Management
- Entrepreneurship for Social and Market Impact
- Foundations of Event Management
- International Business Environments
- Marketing for Tourism, Events and Hospitality
- New Technologies in Tourism, Events and Hospitality
- Policy and Planning for Sustainable Tourism
- Project Management: Principles and Strategies
- Service Management in Tourism, Events and Hospitality
- Strategies for Events and Conventions
- Strategic Management
- Understanding Travel and Tourism
For an outline of each course, please go to the University of South Australia Website: www.unisa.edu.au
The medium of instruction is English.
- A dedicated website for Hong Kong students
- Access to Hong Kong Baptist University Main Library and SCE Resource Library
- Access to UniSA on-line library database
- Access to computer and sports facilities at the Hong Kong Baptist University
- Academic counselling
- Medical and dental benefits
Careers in tourism and event management allow creativity and offer exciting experiences both in Hong Kong and overseas. In today’s global market, tourism and event organisations need people with managerial skills who also understand social and environmental sustainability issues. Our graduates have taken up positions within many sectors, including attractions and destinations, event and festival management, hospitality, food and wine, retail and wholesale travel, conventions and exhibitions, special events, airlines and hotels as festival assistants, tourism information officers, events coordinators, hotel managers and functions managers. These roles have been in both the public and private sectors, regional, metropolitan areas and overseas. Some graduates have even gone on to create and operate their own businesses.
HK$111,420 (by three instalments)
(subject to revision)
To accept the admission offer, applicants must pay a deposit of HK$5,000 and the first instalment of the tuition fee. The deposit and the tuition fee paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Applicants for the University of South Australia Bachelor’s programmes should possess:
- A recognised associate degree/higher diploma in a relevant discipline and
- English Language Proficiency which requires:
an overall minimum IELTS score (or equivalent as approved by UniSA) of 6.0 with a minimum score of 6.0 in the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub scores, achieved in the last two years; or previous successful tertiary study in the last two years where English was the language of instruction, and in a location (such as Hong Kong ) where English is an official or common language in accordance with UniSA requirements
Admission Track Record
College of International Education,
Hong Kong Baptist University (CIE)
Hong Kong Community College,
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HKCC)
School of Continuing and Professional Studies,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (SCS)
Lingnan Institute of Further Education (LIFE)
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE)
YMCA College of Continuing Education
Admission is not limited to graduates from the above programmes. Applicants from other programmes will be assessed individually.
Application forms are obtainable from SCE offices during the application period or by downloading from the programme webpage.
Click here to download the Application Form (with notes to applicants)
Exempted Course at Non-local Course Registry, Education Bureau (Reference Number: 411321)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
University of South Australia’s CRICOS Provider Number 00121B
- The above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations or to cancel any class/programme without prior notice. Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.
- The School reserves the right to arrange face-to-face, online or mixed mode teaching in 2020 Autumn Term due to the changing situation of COVID-19.