SCHOOL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
Multi-disciplinary Research Centre
The Multi-disciplinary Research Centre, under the administration of the College of International Education managed by the School of Continuing Education, aims to provide an avenue for conducting multi-disciplinary research. Applications are now invited for the following positions:
Research Associate (3 vacancies) (Ref. No.: PRSCE/504)
The appointees will be mainly responsible for provision of overall executive and administrative support to the daily operation and planning of the Centre on the Shatin Shek Mun Campus. Duties mainly include managing research projects; providing support to research-related activities such as workshops, conferences and data collection/analysis; and preparing correspondences and research, budget and statistical reports.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Environment Science, Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- Post-qualification experience:
- For a Master’s Degree holder: at least 4 years of post-qualification experience in conducting research and co-ordinating research projects;
- For a PhD holder: Experience in research or related co-ordination work is desirable;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Possess good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good team spirit, self-motivated and positive attitude; and
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office application (English and Chinese).
Reference salary range: HK$24,700 - HK$27,200 per month
Initial appointment for the above posts will be made on a fixed term contract of 12 months commencing January 2018. Re-appointment thereafter is subject to performance review, mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The appointees will be required to serve on the Shatin Shek Mun Campus of the College of International Education.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics
The School reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms & conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 11 December 2017