Business English Basics (Listening & Speaking)
This course is aimed at helping students gain confidence in communicating work-related matters in oral English at the basic level.?
- Listening practice
- listening to simple requests and instructions; and
- telephoning skills and message-taking.
- Speaking practice
- making travel arrangements and appointments;
- describing companies, job titles, products and services;
- giving simple instructions for organisational operations; and
- handling simple telephone enquiries and requests.
- Socializing at the workplace
- simple exchanges: greetings, addressing, introducing and leave-taking
- social arrangements: suggesting, inviting, accepting/declining invitations, food and drink etiquette
- building and maintaining social relationships: expressing gratitude, preferences, desires and pleasure; apologising and disagreeing; expressing opinions
|Pre-requisite||:||Completion of Form 3 or equivalent|
|Code||Commencing||Date and Time|
|16EBW2522R||Mar 03||Sat 10:00am-12:30pm|