Programme Code: CP0260
Professional Certificate in Retail Management
The programme aims at providing students with signified skills and knowledge of a greater complexity in retailing. It offers an integrated understanding of Hong Kong retail industry, synthesizing service marketing knowledge while cultivating specialized retailing competence to develop students as retail professionals.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||MKG4013||Marketing for the Service Industry||服務業市場學||30|
Marketing for the Service Industry
This course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge on the concepts, theories and techniques for successful marketing in the service industry. It also helps students in establishing and in implementing service strategies to enhance customer relationship and level of customer satisfaction. Topics include:
- Service Characteristics and Services Marketing;
- The Growth of Service Industry;
- The GAPS Model of Service Quality;
- Customer Behavior in Services;
- Customer Expectations and Perceptions of Service;
- Service Encounter;
- Building Customer Relationship;
- Extended Marketing Mix (7 P’s) on Services; and
- The Financial and Economic Impact of Service.
|2.||MKG4021||Retail Management: A Strategic Approach||策略零售管理||30|
Retail Management: A Strategic Approach
The objective of this course is to introduce students to the knowledge and concepts necessary for successful strategic management of a retail business, with emphasis on the effective integration and coordination of various retail activities with the overall implementation of corporate marketing mix strategies Topics include:
- The Essentials of Retailing;
- Merchandising Management – Planning and Control;
- Budgeting Process;
- Retail Operations Management;
- Store Location and Design;
- Retail Security Issues;
- Non-store Retailing;
- Retail Management and Strategies; and
- Retailing in the Global Marketplace.
|3.||MKG4022||Retail Merchandising and Marketing Communications||零售商品及市場傳播||30|
Retail Merchandising and Marketing Communications
The objective of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for effective merchandising and marketing communication activities at the retail level. Modern merchandising management theories and practices would be highlighted to match with the retailer’s financial goals. The retailer’s marketing communication strategies, which forms an integral part of the firm’s overall marketing mix, would also be thoroughly discussed. Topics include:
- The Nature of Retail Merchandising;
- Merchandising Planning and Budgeting;
- Pricing of Merchandise;
- Supplier / Vendor Relationship;
- Retail Promotional Mix;
- Visual Merchandising Display; and
- Retail Market Communications.
|4.||MKG4024||Selling and Customer Relationship Management||銷售與客戶關係管理||30|
Selling and Customer Relationship Management
This course aims to provide an understanding of the roles, the tasks and the importance of sales executives in the organization. In contemporary marketing, salespeople focus their efforts not only on selling and customers’ acquisition, but also retain customers and manage productively the lifelong customer relationship. This course will discuss how the traditional selling pipeline can be transformed into a holistic and effective selling and customer relationship management (CRM) process. Topics include:
- The Role of Selling in Marketing;
- The Sales Environment;
- The Personal Selling Process;
- Selling Through Market Intermediaries;
- Challenges in Personal Selling;
- Concepts of Customer Relationship Management (CRM);
- Customer Focus Factors;
- CRM Strategy Development and Implementation; and
- Future Trends in Selling and CRM.
|5.||MKG4023||Managing Successful Retail Operations||零售營運管理||30|
Managing Successful Retail Operations
The objective of this course is to equip students with the knowledge and practices of managing a retail operation – including both store and non-store retailing. The course will guide the students through the various elements of the process in operating a retail store and the issues affecting the smooth running of a retail operation. Emphasis would be placed on the key tactics and strategies to support retailers operating successfully in the competitive marketplace. Topics include:
- Retail Operating Policies and Procedures;
- Stock and Inventory Management;
- Cash and Non-cash Settlement Handling and Control;
- Store Maintenance;
- Sales Policies and Procedures;
- e-Shop Operation;
- Retail Customer Service;
- Managing People in the Retail Environment; and
- Technology Applications for Store Operations.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Retail Management.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$15,450
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN RETAIL MANAGEMENT is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003407/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.