Programme Code: CP0259
Professional Certificate in Human Resources Management
This programme aims to equip students with necessary knowledge, skills and abilities as HR professionals in the areas of recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, compensation management and employee communication. By combining both theoretical and practical aspects in human resource management, students will be able to make use of the learnt skills to manage people effectively and efficiently to achieve organizational goals.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|CEF Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||HRM4201||Recruitment and Selection Management||招聘及甄選管理||30|
Recruitment and Selection Management
This course aims to enable the students to understand the recruitment and selection process in the business context. Students will learn the practical approach to defining, planning and executing staffing decisions for successful recruitment and selection activities. Topics include:
- Nature of Staffing;
- Preparation for Hiring;
- Recruitment Process;
- Selection Process;
- Preparation for Selection Interviews;
- Employment and Placement; and
- Retention Management.
|2.||HRM4202||Human Resources Training and Development||人力資源培訓及發展||30|
Human Resources Training and Development
This course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills in managing employee performance through training and development. Students will learn the practical approach to design, implement and deliver training programmes to meet the ever changing business requirements. Topics include:
- Training and Development Framework;
- Organizational Learning, Adult Learning Principles;
- Training Needs Analysis;
- Training Design;
- Training Methodologies;
- Training Implementation;
- Training Delivery;
- Training Effectiveness; and
- Management Development.
The course aims to develop students with the knowledge and skills to establish a high performance organization that supporting, motivating and developing employees to work effectively and efficiently to achieve business objectives. Topics include:
- Introduction to Performance Management;
- Performance Management and Strategic Planning;
- Performance Management System Implementation;
- Gathering Performance Information;
- Implementing Performance Management System;
- Performance Management and Employee Development;
- Reward Systems; and
- Managing Team Performance.
The course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of the concepts and practices of reward management that enabling them to match the theory with practical application in the workplace. Topics include:
- Compensation Program Principles, Policies and Strategies;
- Payroll and Benefits Administration;
- Job Analysis and Job Evaluation for Pay Programs;
- Developing and Maintaining Pay Grading Structure;
- Design Pay Adjustment Programs;
- Employee Benefits and Costs;
- Salary Tax Filing and Tax Planning;
- Salary and Benefits Reviews; and
- Use of External Compensation & Benefits Consultants.
|5.||HRM4205||Employee Relations and Communication||員工關係與溝通||30|
Employee Relations and Communication
The course aims to provide the students with the concepts of employee relations and communication. Techniques to solve the problems between employers and employees as well as ways to effectively enhance employee relations in various situations will also be taught. Topics include:
- Overview of Employee Relations;
- Employee Relations Institutions and their Roles;
- Effective Communication;
- Handling Grievances and Disputes;
- Handling Employee Discipline;
- Employee Exit, Termination and Redundancy; and
- Current Challenges in Hong Kong.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Human Resources Management.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$15,450
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003406/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.