Programme Code: CP0258
Professional Certificate in Marketing
The programme aims at providing students with signified skills and knowledge of a greater complexity in the marketing. It offers an integrated understanding of Hong Kong market environment, synthesizing marketing knowledge while cultivating specialized marketing competence to develop students as marketing professionals. Hence, students are well-equipped with theoretical and practical grounding in marketing and are able to develop appropriate professional skills to achieve corporate marketing goals.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||MKG4011||Marketing Planning and Research||市場規劃與研究||30|
Marketing Planning and Research
This course aims to provide a holistic view on the principles of market planning and the concepts, methodology and the essential skills required to conduct market research. The course also focuses on how proper market planning and research can contribute to the quality decision making on market strategies and the ultimate market success. The appropriate market planning process and research design principles, process and commonly used sampling and data analysis techniques will be discussed. Topics include:
- Introduction to Market Planning and Market Research in the Global Market Environment;
- The Marketing Planning process;
- Developing a Marketing Plan;
- The Market Research Process and Design;
- Data collection and measurement;
- Sampling and data analysis;
- Interpreting Data Findings; and
- Ethical issues in Marketing Research and Planning.
|2.||MKG4012||Buyer and Customer Behavior||顧客購買與消費行為||30|
Buyer and Customer Behavior
This course aims to familiarize students with the concepts of buying and consuming behaviour as well as the multidimensional process relating to consumer behaviour. It involves the study of the set of consumer’s decision about the acquisition, usage and disposition of products, services, experiences and ideas. Topics include:
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Strategy;
- Internal Influences (the Psychological Core);
- External Influences (the Consumer’s Culture)
- Self-concept and Lifestyle;
- Explaining Consumer Decision Making;
- Customer Loyalty;
- Applying Buyer and Consumer Behaviour Principles in Marketing;
- Organizational Buying Behaviour; and
- Marketing Regulation and Ethics.
|3.||MKG4013||Marketing for the Service Industry||服務業市場學||30|
Marketing for the Service Industry
This course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge on the concepts, theories and techniques for successful marketing in the service industry. It also helps students in establishing and in implementing service strategies to enhance customer relationship and level of customer satisfaction. Topics include:
- Service Characteristics and Services Marketing;
- The Growth of Service Industry;
- The GAPS Model of Service Quality;
- Customer Behaviour in Services;
- Customer Expectations and Perceptions of Service;
- Service Encounter;
- Building Customer Relationship;
- Extended Marketing Mix on Services; and
- The Financial and Economic Impact of Service.
|4.||MKG4014||Product and Distribution Management||產品與分銷管理||30|
Product and Distribution Management
This course aims at providing students a broad understanding on the important theories, practices and issues in managing products as well as their channels of distribution in competitive organizations. Particular emphasis will be placed on Product Life Cycle planning and management. The course will also take on a customer driven approach to channel design – channel structure that matches services with end users needs. Topics include:
- Concepts and Significance of Product Management in Marketing Organizations;
- Market, Competitors and Customer Analysis;
- Developing Product Strategy;
- New Product Development Strategies;
- Pricing Decisions;
- Product Management Strategies;
- Financial Analysis for Product Management;
- Distribution and Channel Strategies;
- Managing Distribution Channels; and
- New Channel Development.
This course aims at providing students with the conceptual knowledge and practices on integrating the major strategies on advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and direct marketing to achieve comprehensive marketing communications. To cope with today’s increasingly dynamic market environment, the course also introduces the modern technology enabled interactive marketing methods to enhance the overall effect and the degree of customization in market communications (marcom). Topics include:
- Overview on Marketing Communications;
- Directing Marketing Communication Efforts;
- Establishing Marketing Communication Objectives and Budget;
- Advertising Creative and Media Strategies;
- Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing Activities;
- Interactive Marketing;
- Public Relations (PR) and Publicity; and
- Measuring Effectiveness of Marcom Programmes.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Marketing.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$15,450
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN MARKETING is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003405/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.