Programme Code: CP0257
Professional Certificate in Finance
This programme aims at providing students with solid knowledge and skills in contemporary finance with emphasis on the financial markets in Hong Kong. It is designed to equip students with the professional knowledge of financial planning, investment, derivatives, financial risk management and computation methods for finance.
This programme consists of 5 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||FIN4103||Personal Financial Planning||個人財務策劃||30|
Personal Financial Planning
This course aims to provide students with skills and techniques to perform financial planning for personal financial decisions. This course will focus on the understanding of the overall financial planning process, and examine the major aspects of financial planning. Topics include:
- Personal financial records;
- Time value of money;
- Investment instruments;
- Tax planning;
- Insurance policies and planning;
- Retirement planning; and
- Estate planning.
This course aims to provide students with an understanding of global financial markets and its relation to global financial management. Issues to be examined include global financial markets and instruments; foreign exchange markets; foreign currency derivatives and currency risk; foreign exchange exposure and management. Topics include:
- Foundation of global financial management;
- International financial systems;
- The market for foreign exchange;
- International parity relationships;
- International bond market;
- Currency futures and options markets;
- Foreign exchange exposure and management;
- Swap market; and
- International portfolio investment.
This course focus on investment management and analysis. It provides students with the skills and understanding to portfolio management with applications of modern portfolio theories and capital markets hypothesis. Topics include:
- Investment environment in Hong Kong;
- Investment instruments;
- Efficient diversification;
- Capital asset pricing and arbitrage pricing theory;
- Efficient market hypothesis;
- Fundamental and technical analysis;
- Performance evaluation and active portfolio management; and
- Portfolio management strategies.
|4.||FIN4106||Derivatives and Financial Risk Management||衍生工具與財務風險管理||30|
Derivatives and Financial Risk Management
This course aims to provide students with an understanding of major financial derivatives in Hong Kong and an overview of risk management in the financial markets. Emphasis will be placed on the pricing techniques of various techniques and the contemporary view of risk management according to the Basel Accord. Topics include:
- Overview of derivatives markets and financial risk management;
- Determination of forward and futures prices;
- Stock options valuation;
- Exotics options and nonstandard products;
- The Basel Accord;
- Market risk management;
- Credit risk management; and
- Operational risk management.
|5.||FIN4107||Computation Methods for Finance||財務運算方法||30|
Computation Methods for Finance
This course aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge in spreadsheet modeling to implement the contemporary financial computation. It is intended to serve as a bridge or link between the traditional corporate finance theories and the practical applications by using convenient and powerful electronic spreadsheets. Topics include:
- Review of electronic spreadsheet;
- Time value of money;
- Valuing financial assets;
- Capital budgeting decision rules;
- Risk, return and cost of capital;
- Securities market analysis;
- Corporate financial planning; and
- Personal financial planning.
Students are expected to have basic knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
Duration and Mode of Study
9-12 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 5 required courses will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Finance.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$15,040
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 2 in five HKDSE subjects including English and Chinese (and up to 2
APL subjects) or equivalent and 2 years' relevant work experience; OR
- Successful completion of Yi Jin Diploma and 2 years' relevant work experience; or
- Holder of a relevant School of Continuing Education (SCE) Diploma or
Certificate or other equivalent non-SCE qualifications; or
- Aged 21 or above, preferably with 3 years' relevant work
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN FINANCE is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 15/003404/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/01/2016 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.