Advanced Diploma in Business (Information Systems)
The programme aims at providing students with signified skills and knowledge of a greater complexity in the business. It offers an integrated understanding of Hong Kong business environment, synthesizing business knowledge while cultivating specialized competence in information systems functions for develop students as information systems professionals.
Under normal circumstances, graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Business (Information Systems) are possibly granted exemption of 10 courses out of 24 courses towards the Bachelor of Commerce from University of Canberra depending on how closely their prior learning matches with their intended studies. Please call 3411 4350 for further information.
This programme consists of 12 courses:
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||MKG4010||Marketing and Brand Building||市場及品牌學||30|
Marketing and Brand Building
The objective of this course is to provide students with the understanding of marketing principles and theirs applications through effective branding functions in the marketing organization.
- The Marketing Essentials;
- Scanning the Market Environment;
- Consumers and Organizational Buying Behaviour;
- Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning;
- Brand and Brand Management Fundamentals;
- Brand and Product Management in the Marketing Mix;
- Pricing and Distribution Channels: Considerations and Strategies;
- Marketing Communication Strategies;
- Designing Appropriate Marketing Mix to Build Brand Equity; and
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Organization’s Marketing Activities.
This course aims to equip students with contemporary principles and practices on how companies invest in real and financial assets and how they raise funding for these investments. These decisions include long-term investments, financing and management of capital structure.
- Net Present Value and Capital Budgeting;
- Bond and Stock Valuation;
- Cost of Capital;
- Capital Structure;
- Debt Policy;
- Dividend Policy;
- Risks Management Tools; and
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
|3.||ISM4130||Information Systems and Business Organizations||資訊系統及商業組織||30|
Information Systems and Business Organizations
This course aims to provide students with broad knowledge on how information systems are utilized in business organizations for competitive advantages.
- Information Systems in Business;
- Applications of Business Information Systems;
- Databases and Information Management;
- Securing Information Systems;
- Information Technology Infrastructure; and
- Using Information Systems in Organizations for Operational Excellence.
|4.||ACT4105||Accounting Decision Management||會計決策管理||30|
Accounting Decision Management
This course aims to provide students with detailed knowledge of the use of accounting information for decision making as well as long term investment appraisal. Besides, the concept of corporate governance and its importance will be discussed.
- The Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting;
- Complete Set of Financial Statements for Limited Company;
- Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Statements;
- Budgetary Planning and Control;
- Capital Investment Decisions; and
- Corporate Governance.
|5.||HRM4101||Human Resource Practices and Development||人力資源實務與發展||30|
Human Resource Practices and Development
The overall aim of the course is to enable students to identify and explain the major human resource roles and functions in contemporary business organizations. Students will be able to apply the practical theories and techniques that are used to manage people effectively at work.
- Overview of Human Resources Management;
- Human Resource Planning;
- Job Analysis;
- Performance Management;
- Reward Management;
- Managing Employee Relations;
- Career Management and Development;
- Training and Development; and
- Influencing Employee Behaviour.
This course aims to develop students with programming logic and skills to solve problems. Through hands-on practice, students will acquire knowledge of program design and experience in programming.
- Programming Concepts;
- Program Design;
- Data and Operators;
- Debugging Programs;
- Making Decision;
- Processing Routine Tasks;
- Using Arrays;
- Procedures and Functions.
This course aims to develop students with knowledge and skills to build a website to facilitate organizational activities. Students will involve in a series of practical skills-building tasks to create an online website that not only promotes products and services, but also processes data over the Internet.
- Web Site Design Principles;
- Overview of HTML;
- Maximizing Website Design;
- Scripting Language;
- Building Program Block;
- Developing Web Applications;
- Making the Web Online.
||DBM4101||Database Management and Applications||資料庫管理與應用||30|
Database Management and Applications
This course aims at providing students with concepts and skills in designing, using and implementing relational database management systems. Through hands-on practice, students will gain experience in using Structured Query language (SQL) to retrieve information for decision making.
- Database Environment;
- Database Development Process;
- Modeling Data in the Organization;
- Database Design;
- Structural Query Language (SQL);
- Data Management;
- Data and Database Administration.
||ISM4131||Information Systems Analysis and Design||資訊系統分析與設計||30|
Information Systems Analysis and Design
This course aims at providing students with a conceptual framework for the development of information systems in organizations with a view to support operational processes to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design;
- Planning the Systems Development;
- Systems Analysis;
- Systems Modeling;
- Systems Design;
- Application Architecture;
- Modeling with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
This course aims to equip students with knowledge and skills to use E-Commerce applications in the digital economy with special emphasis on technology, infrastructure and applications in a virtual business marketplace.
- Overview of Electronic Commerce;
- Electronic Marketplaces;
- Retailing in E-Commerce;
- Business to Business E-Commerce;
- E-Supply Chains and Corporate Portals;
- Mobile Commerce (M-Commerce);
- E-Commerce Security;
- E-Commerce Payment Systems;
- E-Commerce Strategy.
|Elective Courses (The two courses for this intake)|
This course aims to provide students with knowledge and skills that will help the organizations and their members to manage and exploit change situations effectively.
- Change Management;
- Theoretical foundations of Change Management;
- Defining How the Organization Needs to Change;
- Change and the Leader;
- Reinforcing Desired Behavior;
- Process Approach to Change; and
- System Approach to Change.
|12.||BAM4110||Managing Organizational Behavior||組織管理||30|
Managing Organizational Behavior
This course aims to provide students with a conceptual and a pragmatic approach to understand employees’ behaviour in the organization. It equips students with knowledge and skills to diagnose different behaviour situations and necessary techniques in influencing and controlling the behaviour of employees in the achievement of individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Organizational Structure and Design;
- Organizational diversity;
- Organizational Culture;
- Organizational Leadership;
- Organizational Work Motivation;
- Group Behaviour and Work Teams;
- Organizational Decision Making; and
- Organizational Communication.
Duration and Mode of Study
18-24 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 12 required courses will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Business (Information Systems).
* Students can apply for Professional Certificate in Information Systems as an exit award upon successful completion of the 5 concentration courses in the Advanced Diploma in Business (Information Systems) programme.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$36,490 for Advanced Diploma programme
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday
afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East /
Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 2 in five HKDSE subjects including English and Chinese (and up to 2 APL subjects) or equivalent and 2 years' relevant work experience; OR
- Successful completion of Yi Jin Diploma; OR
- Holder of a relevant School of Continuing Education (SCE) Diploma or Certificate or other equivalent non-SCE qualifications; or
- Aged 21 or above, preferably with 3 years' relevant work experience.
登記有效期: 11/01/2013 至 登記持續有效