Programme Code: CP0163
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
工商管理高等文憑 CEF course code
This programme aims at providing students with signified skills and knowledge of a greater complexity in business management discipline. It offers an integrated understanding of Hong Kong business environment, synthesizing business knowledge while cultivating essential managerial capabilities to develop students as business professionals.
This programme consists of 12 courses.
|Course Code||Course Title||科目名稱||Hours|
|1.||MKG4010||Marketing and Brand Building||市場及品牌學||30|
Marketing and Brand BuildingCEF Course Code
The objective of this course is to provide students with the understanding of marketing principles and their applications through effective branding functions in the marketing organization.
- The Marketing Essentials;
- Scanning the Market Environment;
- Consumers and Organizational Buying Behavior;
- Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning;
- Brand and Brand Management Fundamentals;
- Brand and Product Management in the Marketing Mix;
- Pricing and Distribution Channels: Considerations and Strategies;
- Marketing Communications Strategies;
- Designing appropriate Marketing Mix to build Brand Equity; and
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Organization's Marketing Activities.
|2.||FIN4101||Financial Analysis and Applications||財務分析與應用||30|
Financial Analysis and ApplicationsCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with an understanding to perform financial analysis and applications for making business decisions. This course will focus on analytical skills and tools for financial statement analysis, and the application of equity valuation and earnings forecasting in assessing the companies’ financial position and performance.
- Understanding of Financial Statements;
- Financial Statement Analysis;
- Analysis of Inventories;
- Analysis of Depreciation Methods;
- Long-term Financing: Analysis of Debt;
- Long-term Financing: Analysis of Equity;
- Financial Application: Equity Valuation; and
- Financial Application: Measuring Company Performance.
|3.||BAM4010||The Learning Manager for Business Success||知識型管理人||30|
The Learning Manager for Business SuccessCEF Course Code
This course aims at developing students’ self management and applying knowledge in relation to their own job performance and in the role of leading and managing others.
- Qualities of a Modern Manager;
- Learning and Personal Improvement;
- Stress and Time Management at Work;
- Problem Solving Skills; and
- Making Effective Presentation.
|4.||LAW4102||Business Law and Practices||商業法與實務||30|
Business Law and PracticesCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with broad knowledge of the overall legal framework and major legal principles in which business in Hong Kong operates. Students will be able to apply the relevant rules and practices to business problems and practical situations.
- Hong Kong Legal Environment;
- Contract Law; and
- Contract for the Sale of Goods.
|5.||ISM4130||Information Systems and Business Organizations||資訊系統及商業組織||30|
Information Systems and Business OrganizationsCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with broad knowledge on how information systems are utilized in business organizations for competitive advantages.
- Information Systems in Business;
- Applications of Business Information Systems;
- Databases and Information Management;
- Securing Information Systems;
- Information Technology Infrastructure; and
- Using Information Systems in Organizations for Operational Excellence.
|6.||BAM4110||Managing Organizational Behavior ||組織管理||30|
Managing Organizational BehaviorCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with a conceptual and a pragmatic approach to understand employees’ behavior in the organization. It equips students with knowledge and skills to diagnose different behavior situations and necessary techniques in influencing and managing the behavior of employees in the achievement of individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Organizational Structure and Design;
- Organizational Diversity;
- Organizational Culture;
- Organizational Leadership;
- Organizational Work Motivation;
- Group Behavior and Work Teams;
- Organizational Decision Making; and
- Organizational Communication.
|7.||LOG4000||Operations Management: Theory and Practice||營運管理：理論與實踐||30|
Operations Management: Theory and PracticeCEF Course Code
Operations management has a profound effect on the productivity of both service and manufacturing organizations. This course provides a modern view of the activities of the operations function and demonstrates the impact of the decisions on the firm. It helps students understand the decision role and responsibilities of operations in relation to other functions.
- Competing with Operations;
- Project Management;
- Demand Management and Forecasting;
- Managing Quality;
- Process Management;
- Capacity Management;
- Supply Chain Management;
- Inventory Management and Enterprise Planning Systems; and
- Lean Thinking and Just-in-Time Operations.
Change ManagementCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with knowledge and skills that will help the organizations and their members to manage and exploit change situations effectively.
- Change Management;
- Theoretical foundations of Change Management;
- How the Organization Needs to Change;
- Change and the Leader;
- Reinforcing Desired Behavior;
- Process approach to change; and
- System Approach to Change.
|9.||HRM4101||Human Resource Practices and Development||人力資源實務與發展||30|
Human Resource Practices and DevelopmentCEF Course Code
The overall aim of the course is to enable students to identify and explain the major human resource roles and functions in contemporary business organizations. Students will be able to apply the practical theories and techniques that are used to manage people effectively at work.
- Overview of Human Resource Management;
- Human Resource Planning;
- Job Analysis;
- Performance Management;
- Reward Management;
- Managing Employee Relations;
- Career Management and Development;
- Training and Development; and
- Influencing Employee Behavior.
|10.||BAM4200||Business Strategy and Ethics||企業策略與道德||30|
Business Strategy and Ethics
This course aims to provide students with a broad knowledge of the importance and complexity of strategic decisions and business ethics in which they integrate with other aspects of business operations.
- Organizational Purposes;
- Corporate Governance;
- External Environment Scanning;
- Legal and Regulatory Issues to be considered in External Environment Scanning;
- Internal Assessment;
- Ethical Issues to be considered in Internal Assessment;
- Strategy Formulation and ethnical consideration;
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage;
- Matching Strategy to Company Situation; and
- Implementing Strategies.
|Elective Courses (The two courses for this intake)|
|11.||MKG4012||Buyer and Customer Behavior||顧客購買與消費行為||30|
Buyer and Customer BehaviorCEF Course Code
This course aims to familiarize students with advanced concepts and practices of buying and customer behavior as well as the multi-dimensional process relating to customer behavior. It involves the study of the set of consumer’s and organization's decisions on the acquisition, usage and disposition of products, services, experiences and ideas and its applications in the development of marketing strategies.
- Introduction to Consumer Behavior and Marketing Strategy;
- Internal Influences;
- External Influences;
- Self-concept and Lifestyle;
- Explaining Consumer Decision Making;
- Customer Loyalty;
- Applying buyer and consumer behavior principles in marketing strategies;
- Organizational Buying Behavior; and
- Marketing Regulation and Ethics.
|12.||MKG4013||Marketing for the Service Industry||服務業市場學||30|
Marketing for the Service IndustryCEF Course Code
This course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge on the concepts, theories and techniques for successful marketing in the service industry. It also helps students in establishing and in implementing service strategies to enhance customer relationship and level of customer satisfaction.
- Service Characteristics and Services Marketing;
- The Growth of Service Industry;
- The GAP Model of Service Quality;
- Customer Behavior in Services;
- Customer Expectations and Perceptions of Service;
- Service Encounter;
- Building Customer Relationship;
- Extended Marketing Mix on Services; and
- The Financial and Economic Impact of Service.
Duration and Mode of Study
18-24 months part-time
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English
Students who have successfully completed 12 required courses will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Business Management.
Application Fee: HK$120
Tuition Fee: HK$37,170
March / July / November of every year
Course Schedule and Venue
Classes and examinations will be held on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons (normally two classes per week) at Kowloon Tong / Kowloon East / Tsimshatsui / Wan Chai Learning Centre.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 2 in five HKDSE subjects including English and Chinese (and up to 2 APL subjects) or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of Yi Jin Diploma; OR
- Holder of a relevant School of Continuing Education (SCE) Diploma or Certificate or other equivalent non-SCE qualifications; OR
- Aged 21 or above, preferably with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT is recognized under the QFThe above information is for reference only. The School reserves the right to make alterations without prior notice.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration no.: 09/002185/4
Registration Validity Period: 30/06/2009 to On-going
Students are advised to follow the requirements listed in the course information distributed on admission.