Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Sciences (Food Sciences)
Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Sciences by the University of South Australia
TEACHING AND LEARNING
The Bachelor’s degree is offered full-time on a trimester basis on HKBU campuses. Depending upon the advanced standing (credits) awarded, students may complete the program in one year. The program is focused on practical and practice-based learning.
- A dedicated website for Hong Kong students
- Access to Hong Kong Baptist University Main Library and SCE resource library
- Access to UniSA on-line library database
- Access to computer and sports facilities at the Hong Kong Baptist University
- Medical and dental benefits
- Academic counselling
Applicants for the University of South Australia Bachelor’s programs should possess:
- A recognised associate degree/ higher diploma in a relevant discipline and
- English Language Proficiency which requires:
an overall minimum IELTS score (or equivalent as approved by UniSA) of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.5 in the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub scores, achieved in the last 2 years; or previous successful tertiary study in the last 2 years where English was the language of instruction, in a location (such as Hong Kong ) where English is an official or common language in accordance with UniSA requirements.
ENTITLEMENT TO CREDITS
The full Bachelor’s degree consists of 24 courses. Advanced standing up to a maximum of 12 courses will be assessed by the Program Director.
Program fee is currently HK$158,000, to be paid in three installments. The University reserves the right to revise the tuition fee annually.
To accept the admission offer, applicants must pay a deposit of HK$5,000 and the first installment of the tuition fee. The deposit and the tuition fee paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Students may apply for the following financial assistance:
- Non-means Tested Loan (http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/index.htm)
- Hong Kong Government’s Grants and Loans (http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/index.htm)
- Government Scholarship
The programs are accredited by HKCAAVQ as equivalent to HKQF Level 5, bachelor’s degrees offered by Hong Kong universities. With the programs’ accreditation status, students are eligible for below benefits:
- Students can apply for Hong Kong Government’s Grants and Loans. For eligibility details, please refer to http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/eng/schemes/fasp.htm
- The degree qualifications are recognized by the Hong Kong Government for employment within the Civil Service
Download Programme Brochure
Exempted Course at Non-local Course Registry, Education Bureau (Reference Number: 412586)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
CRICOS Provider Number 00121B
BACHELOR OF NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCES (FOOD SCIENCES) is recognized under the QF上述內容僅供參考，本院保留修改之權利。一切以入學時另行派發之課程簡介為準。
QF Level: 5
QR Registration no.: 16/000811/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2020