- Attendance to an enrolled course is restricted
to the applicant himself / herself.
- Students are not allowed to attend sections other
than the enrolled one without prior approval from the School.
In case of violation, the School reserves the right to terminate
the student's right to attend the class and the tuition fee will
not be refunded.
- Students should bring along their Registration
Slips and H.K.I.D. Cards to classes for identification, or their
entries may be denied. Students who have lost the Registration
Slips should apply for re-issuance (subject to a handling fee of
$50*) at the Kowloon Tong Campus Centre, Tsimshatsui Centre, Kowloon East Centre or Wan Chai Centre.
- Students are encouraged to attend to all classes
in order to keep up with the teaching progress. Absentees have
no right to object to any decisions made regarding changes in class
schedule between instructors and students during class period.
- Students would be treated as absent if they do not attend the lessons, regardless of the reason(s).
- Students should be punctual. Students
who are late and / or take early leave for more than a quarter
of the scheduled time would be treated as absent for the whole lesson, regardless of the reason(s).
- Please turn off the mobile phone and pager during a
- Students should observe the School regulations, respect instructors
and uphold class discipline. Students who misbehave or violate
the School regulations or the laws of Hong Kong may be requested
to withdraw from the course with no refund. If a student has caused
damage to public property, a fine will be levied based on the
market value of the damaged item.
- The School normally does not entertain request from individual
students for alteration of examination date / time.
- If a student is unable to attend an examination
due to extenuating circumstances, a request for make-up examination
should be submitted to the Registry prior to the scheduled
examination. For emergency situation that occurs on the day
of examination and results in a student's absence in the examination,
an application for make-up examination should be submitted within
1 week after the scheduled examination. All applications should
be accompanied by valid supporting document(s) to certify that the student is unable to attend the scheduled examination, for example, an
employer's letter in case of a business trip, a sick leave certificate
issued by a medical practitioner in case of illness. A handling
fee of HK$200* will be charged. The School will not accept application
on the ground of travelling.
- A course may end at a date later than it is originally scheduled
(owning to reasons such as postponement of classes / examination due to adverse weather
or the instructor's leave of absence). The School would normally not
accept any applications for make-up examination if the concerned
examination has been postponed for not more than two weeks.
- Upon approval of application, examinee will be notified of the
date and time of the make-up examination. 20% of the examination
mark will be deducted.
- Make-up examination of Summer Term 2013 will be arranged on
7 December 2013 (Sat.) No further examination will be arranged for
a student if he / she is absent from the make-up examination as scheduled.
- Students are required to place all books, manuscripts, notes and paper inside their bags before entering the examination venue, and place their bags under the seat as soon as they have entered the examination venue. For open-book examination, students
are allowed to bring to the examination venue those authorized
reading materials only.
- All mobile phones or other electronic communication devices must be switched off and placed under the chair in a position clearly visible to the invigilators.
- Students must follow the invigilator's instructions throughout
- Students should bring their student I.D. Card / H.K.I.D.
card and place it at the top right-hand corner of the desk throughout the examination for identification and attendance taking.
- Students are not allowed to leave during the first 30 minutes
and the last 15 minutes of the examination. No student shall
be permitted to enter the examination venue 30 minutes after the
start of the examination.
- Students are required to remain absolutely silent throughout
the examination and must not speak or do anything to disturb other
students. If they have questions, they should put up their
hands and wait for an invigilator to come and offer help.
- Students are not allowed to bring along their mobile phones or any other electronic communication devices to the toilet or out of the examination venue during the examination.
- Students should not leave the examination venue unless
permission is granted by the invigilator.
- At the end of the examination, students must stop writing
and wait for the invigilator to collect the answer books.
They should not leave until the invigilator allows them to do
- A student who is found cheating in an examination will be
disqualified and treated as failing the examination. No
make-up examination will be arranged.
Certificates of Achievement / Attendance
- Unless specified otherwise, Certificates of Achievement are issued to students who have obtained a passing grade and an attendance of 75% or above. Students who have failed the examination but have achieved an attendance of 75% or above are qualified for Certificates of Attendance. Class rosters are the official records for attendance calculation.
- For those students of the Summer Term 2013 who are eligible for the award of certificates, they would receive their certificates by regular mail after 16 December 2013 at the designated address as given on ‘Short Courses Application Form’ or ‘Application for Admission to Certificate & Diploma Programme’. For any updates of correspondence addresses, ‘Application for Amendment of Student Personal Data’ together with a copy of H.K.I.D. card / Student I.D.(if applicable) / registration slip should be returned to the School Registry by fax or by mail on or before 1 December 2013.
- A handling fee of HK$30* would be charged for request for delivery of certificates by registered mail. Application form together with a copy of H.K.I.D. card / Student I.D. (if applicable) / registration slip and a cheque payable to ‘Hong Kong Baptist University’ should be sent to the School Registry on or before 1 December 2013.
- For claim of loss of certificate(s) due to postal problem, please complete the 'Application for Re-issuance of Certificate(s) (Short Courses)' and return the form together with a copy of H.K I.D. card / Student I.D. (if applicable) / registration slip to the School Registry by fax or by mail from 2 January to 28 February 2014.
- Only statement of academic attainment would be issued to students who request for certification of results after 28 February 2014. A handling fee of HK$70* would be levied.
- Students of Summer Term 2013 may check their final results (indicating pass or fail), types of certificates to be awarded, certificates delivery status, dispatch date and procedures for the application for re-assessment of examination result on the SCE webpage, www.sce.hkbu.edu.hk/pte_results, from 16 December 2013 to 28 February 2014.
© 2013 SCE, HKBU. All Rights Reserved. Top